Chance me please cgpa 3.2 LSAT 152

spookynoodles

spookynoodles
  • Applicant

Obviously my stats are low, i have great references and applied/applying as access since I was diagnosed with ADHD earlier this year and had shoulder surgeries twice in the last 2 yrs that hurt my gpa. I am going for queens, western, ottawa, usask, and windsor. Am i wasting my time and money? I will be attempting LSAT again in nov and jan.

Phaedrus
  • Lawyer

I don't follow Chances threads here, but even a cursory review of any of those schools' subforums indicate your chances with those stats are slim to none. Raise your GPA and LSAT.

UdeM might take you if you're bilingual. 

Jenavive
  • Law Student

I would keep your money and just retake the LSAT. I'm not saying it's 100% impossible... but, I do not think you should expect an acceptance. What's your L2? This cycle could still be saved if (with a high enough L2 and after getting a competitive LSAT score) you apply more diversely.

spookynoodles
  • Applicant
7 hours ago, Jenavive said:

I would keep your money and just retake the LSAT. I'm not saying it's 100% impossible... but, I do not think you should expect an acceptance. What's your L2? This cycle could still be saved if (with a high enough L2 and after getting a competitive LSAT score) you apply more diversely.

L2 is 3.4. In my last year of university and performing really well so I could get a boost. Will these grades help me in my admissions?

HarryCrane
  • Articling Student
15 hours ago, spookynoodles said:

Obviously my stats are low, i have great references and applied/applying as access since I was diagnosed with ADHD earlier this year and had shoulder surgeries twice in the last 2 yrs that hurt my gpa. I am going for queens, western, ottawa, usask, and windsor. Am i wasting my time and money? I will be attempting LSAT again in nov and jan.

Even when you apply access, you still need to demonstrate some academic ability.

Boost your GPA and/or LSAT. References are a check box- everyone has good/great references. They won’t make a non-competitive candidate competitive. 

• Like 1

doggoford
  • Applicant

I would maybe take another year to focus on raising your lsat or gpa. Also since u have ADHD, you will for sure get extra time on the lsat if you request. This can give you big boost.

• 1 month later...
Jenavive
  • Law Student
On 11/3/2022 at 10:09 AM, spookynoodles said:

L2 is 3.4. In my last year of university and performing really well so I could get a boost. Will these grades help me in my admissions?

Terribly sorry. I didn't realise I wouldn't get a notification if you replied.

Going to be super honest so apologies if it's harsh, but with that L2, I do not think admission is at all possible this year. I was thinking closer to maybe... a 3.7+ (paired with 160+ on the LSAT. Possibly even a 157+ with an access claim). I agree that you need to take some time to raise your stats.

spookynoodles
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, Jenavive said:

Terribly sorry. I didn't realise I wouldn't get a notification if you replied.

Going to be super honest so apologies if it's harsh, but with that L2, I do not think admission is at all possible this year. I was thinking closer to maybe... a 3.7+ (paired with 160+ on the LSAT. Possibly even a 157+ with an access claim). I agree that you need to take some time to raise your stats.

Fall grades sitting at 4.0, nov LSAT brought me to 162. Hopefully this helps

• Like 3

Sundin13
  • Applicant
9 hours ago, spookynoodles said:

congrats on the massive score jump!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

powerpuff
  • Applicant

don't lose hope! You could write the January LSAT and raise your score! A good LSAT could really boost your application 

WiseGhost
  • Law Student

@spookynoodles I could definitely see you being accepted to Windsor, and it is possible that your access claim could lead to acceptances at other schools as well. Congrats on the LSAT score jump and your recent 4.0 term 🙂

• Thanks 2

Jenavive
  • Law Student
On 12/8/2022 at 1:08 AM, spookynoodles said:

Then I stand corrected. If you maintain that and your L2/B2 averages out to a 3.7 (according to OLSAS), you should be fine for multiple schools!

You specifically said 'queens, western, ottawa, usask, and windsor.' I definitely like your chances for USask and Windsor. You have a shot for Queens, especially with that access claim. I am unsure about the other two but with the track you're on, I feel comfortable welcoming you to the Class of 2026 somewhere, haha. I would also encourage you to apply to Dalhousie if it aligns with your interests for law - I believe your potential stats would be competitive for that school as well.

• Like 1