What LSAT score would make me a competitive applicant for Osgoode?

midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis
  • Applicant

Besides the obvious of get as high as a score as possible.

I have a CGPA of 3.68 and strong softs. I'm starting my personal statements and such now to ensure I have more than enough time to make them good.

Also, which LSAT date do you recommend taking as the absolute latest? I already signed up for October but I am trying to figure out if I should sign up for November or January as well. 

Thank you!!

• Like 1

luckycharm
32 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

Besides the obvious of get as high as a score as possible.

I have a CGPA of 3.68 and strong softs. I'm starting my personal statements and such now to ensure I have more than enough time to make them good.

Also, which LSAT date do you recommend taking as the absolute latest? I already signed up for October but I am trying to figure out if I should sign up for November or January as well. 

Thank you!!

Is your GPA per OLSAS conversion basis?

midlifecrisis
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, luckycharm said:

Is your GPA per OLSAS conversion basis?

Its OLSAS! I applied this year as well (just casually) and OLSAS calculated it as 3.68.

Edited by midlifecrisis

historicaladvantage
20 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

Its OLSAS! I applied this year as well (just casually) and OLSAS calculated it as 3.68.

In the past, I could have told you the likely LSAT that would make you competitive, but with last year’s very competitive applicant pool, it’s tough to say for sure. 

My GPA was a little lower than yours (3.54) and I got into Osgoode with a 160 a few years ago. And I know several others that got in with identical or similar stats to mine. 

So, all things being equal I think you’re competitive with a 160-162. With strong softs, you could subtract a few points there and still stand a strong shot at getting in. It depends on how competitive the next pool is. 

October/November would be the latest ideal time to take the LSAT. This would mean by the time your score releases, most people’s applications will still be under review. And the people getting in at that point are people with truly remarkable profiles which you’re not in the category of (without an LSAT in the high 160s). 

You could still get in taking it in January of the next year (this is what I did—I got in late because I took it late tho). But it wouldn’t be ideal because again, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. 

Edited by historicaladvantage
  • Like 1

luckycharm
1 hour ago, midlifecrisis said:

What is your LSAT and are you wait listed anywhere?

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
47 minutes ago, historicaladvantage said:

In the past, I could have told you the likely LSAT that would make you competitive, but with last year’s very competitive applicant pool, it’s tough to say for sure. 

My GPA was a little lower than yours (3.54) and I got into Osgoode with a 160 a few years ago. And I know several others that got in with identical or similar stats to mine. 

So, all things being equal I think you’re competitive with a 160-162. With strong softs, you could subtract a few points there and still stand a strong shot at getting in. It depends on how competitive the next pool is. 

October/November would be the latest ideal time to take the LSAT. This would mean by the time your score releases, most people’s applications will still be under review. And the people getting in at that point are people with truly remarkable profiles which you’re not in the category of (without an LSAT in the high 160s). 

You could still get in taking it in January of the next year (this is what I did—I got in late because I took it late tho). But it wouldn’t be ideal because again, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. 

I can't really tell if you're still hawking your services as an admissions consultant on here (it's no longer your profile photo), but if you are, don't you think what LSAT would make someone competitive is like... basic info an admissions consultant would need to know? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

midlifecrisis
  • Applicant
43 minutes ago, luckycharm said:

What is your LSAT and are you wait listed anywhere?

LSAT is 153 but that's without even cracking a book - like I said I applied SUPER casually. I am currently on the waitlist at Ottawa!

luckycharm
24 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

LSAT is 153 but that's without even cracking a book - like I said I applied SUPER casually. I am currently on the waitlist at Ottawa!

Will you go to Ottawa ?

Meryl
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

Also, which LSAT date do you recommend taking as the absolute latest?

Everyone’s tackled the other questions so I’ll answer this one. January should be the absolute latest — most schools, including Osgoode, won’t accept any tests written later than that. 

If money isn’t an issue then I would recommend registering for the November test as well since you won’t be able to register after taking the October test (say, if you feel you did badly). If money is an issue, then I would say wait to see your score from October and then register for the January test if you need to. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
SNAILS
  • Law Student

Since you are asking opinions:

LSAT less than 157 - very unlikely

LSAT 158-159 - maybe

LSAT 160-162 - probably

LSAT 163-165 - very likely

LSAT over 166 - I would be very surprised if you don't get in.

It all comes down to how the admissions committee feels about your softs and if you have good reasons for lower grades.

Jean-Ralphio Saperstein
  • Law Student
On 7/4/2021 at 7:23 PM, midlifecrisis said:

How did you see this on OLSAS? Like if we're applying for the 2021/2022 cycle should we have already made an account on OLSAS?