Apply for residence same time as applying for school

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student

It’s going to suck shelling out money but if you have hopes to attend UBC and don’t live here already apply for residence the same time as you apply for law school.

In your same housing application apply for year round and winter housing. I don’t know if you apply for housing in the school application itself.  If you make the mistake of applying for winter housing and then realized that you should have applied for year round you will have to shell out another $50. Do both at the same time. 

I think Brock Commons is the closest year round and there is a giant building right behind the law school being built right now. 

If you apply after being accepted, it is already too late. 

Getting decent housing in Vancouver is a nightmare 

Edited by GoBigOrGoHome
  • Like 1

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

Yup, applying for residence at UBC after acceptance was just a waste of an application fee. I'd go so far as to call it a scam because there are literally thousands more applicants who pay the privilege to apply than there are available units, the waitlists are literally years long, and the administers are well aware of this.

Edited by CleanHands