Accepted to Dal 2023

DSLaw
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

DSLaw
  • Law School Admit

So excited to be starting this off. Just got my acceptance email! 

Applied September 23rd, file complete October 25th, accepted November 14th.

LSAT 16low, GPA 4.0.

• Like 3

Law1994
  • Law School Admit

Also accepted this morning!

LSAT 172

GPA - hard to say because I did my undergrad abroad - I got all a- and a for my last two years though. 

Masters degree and 5 years work experience, decent ECs.

• Like 2

Jimmy McGill
  • Law School Admit

Just got my acceptance email and couldn't be more excited. 

Submitted application September 20th

LSAT: 165

cGPA: 4.07

L2: ~4.3

I'm ecstatic!

• Like 2

Accepted this morning as well!

LSAT 176

cGPA: 3.86 or so, not sure how that translates for Dal's scale

L2: 3.9

Very few extracurriculars, a few awards but that's it as far as softs

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Rhaenyra
  • Applicant

Hey all

Did anyone get "Written Notification to Follow"  as their app status before getting their acceptance? or did they send the acceptance email right away?

flertalgerdal1
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, Rhaenyra said:

Hey all

Did anyone get "Written Notification to Follow"  as their app status before getting their acceptance? or did they send the acceptance email right away?

I think that is the status all pending applications get before decisions are made.

Pittielynn
  • Law Student
On 11/25/2022 at 6:43 PM, flertalgerdal1 said:

I think that is the status all pending applications get before decisions are made.

You are correct. 🙂

• Ryn pinned this topic
  • Ryn changed the title to Accepted to Dal 2023
Chewy
  • Law School Admit

Question for those who've applied: What does it say for you beside "Admission Type" on your Application Summary?

AllyfromtheNorth
  • Applicant

Accepted. Got an email that my file was under review this morning and got an acceptance email this afternoon.

cGpa:3.8

LSAT: 166

NS Resident 

• Like 1

damigan
  • Law School Admit

Accepted today! Got the complete email this morning too, applied Nov. 7th and went complete on the portal Dec. 2nd. 

cCPA: 3.86, L2 4.15

LSAT: 161

BC out of province

• Like 1

Lawcutie7
  • Applicant

Accepted yesterday (December 12th). 

CGPA: 3.35/4 — L2: ~3.9/4 — LSAT: 161

Softs: Executive member of club, executive member of athletic council, other club involvement, mentor, volunteer work and employment all throughout university. 

I received an email yesterday morning around 9am letting me know my file was complete and under review. At around 2:45pm I received an email that I was accepted. 

• Like 1

JerryCallo
  • Undergrad
3 hours ago, Lawcutie7 said:

Accepted yesterday (December 12th). 

CGPA: 3.35/4 — L2: ~3.9/4 — LSAT: 161

Softs: Executive member of club, executive member of athletic council, other club involvement, mentor, volunteer work and employment all throughout university. 

I received an email yesterday morning around 9am letting me know my file was complete and under review. At around 2:45pm I received an email that I was accepted. 

Congrats 🙂 

Did you apply general?

Lawcutie7
  • Applicant
14 hours ago, JerryCallo said:

Congrats 🙂 

Did you apply general?

Yep. Aren’t my stats competitive for general? 

JerryCallo
  • Undergrad
5 hours ago, Lawcutie7 said:

Yep. Aren’t my stats competitive for general? 

I'm not the right person to ask that 😆 I was just curious since I have a similar stats in the sense that my cGPA is much lower than my B3 and L2.

Lawcutie7
  • Applicant
31 minutes ago, JerryCallo said:

I'm not the right person to ask that 😆 I was just curious since I have a similar stats in the sense that my cGPA is much lower than my B3 and L2.

My L2 is above the median and my LSAT in the competitive range for Dalhousie. They say a 161-164. 

DSLaw
  • Law School Admit
On 11/14/2022 at 10:09 AM, DSLaw said:

So excited to be starting this off. Just got my acceptance email! 

Applied September 23rd, file complete October 25th, accepted November 14th.

LSAT 16low, GPA 4.0.

Just to keep this updated for others applying: my GPA of 4.0 is per Dal's conversion of L10 credits. cGPA per OLSAS is 3.8.

I applied with an old LSAT on file and got accepted, but now have a 168 on file too (for scholarship purposes primarily).

Congrats to everyone else who has been accepted so far!

CMacK
  • Applicant

Accepted this morning after two years of lurking this thread!!! I sobbed lol. I hope this gives someone with a lower CGPA and average LSAT score some hope. 

CGPA: 3.41/4.3

L20: 3.66/4.3

LSAT: 142 lmao, 161

I went to Dal and Dal’s partner school for undergrad. Had great LoRs and was involved in school clubs, volunteered occasionally, plus worked full time while taking a full course load. I had an upward trend in my transcript which aligned with personal problems (living with abuse, being homeless for a few months while in school). I believe I applied in the “historically disadvantaged” category, but I’m not actually sure if that’s how I was assessed. I got the email about my file being complete on Monday! I for sure thought I wouldn’t hear anything until at least January. 
Congrats everyone! And good luck to those still waiting <3

• Like 3

harveyspecterrrr
  • Applicant

Accepted this morning. 164 LSAT and 3.54 CGPA 3.66 L2 (not sure if I calculated it correctly)

Got an email that the assessment process began on December 12. Applied on November 7. 

Edited by harveyspecterrrr