Accepted to Dal 2023

DSLaw
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

Olive
  • Law School Admit

Accepted this morning! I could not be more excited to receive my first offer!  Best Christmas present I could have asked for!

L2 GPA: ~3.7/4.0

LSAT: 168 

شخص غريب
23 hours ago, Olive said:

Accepted this morning! I could not be more excited to receive my first offer!  Best Christmas present I could have asked for!

L2 GPA: ~3.7/4.0

LSAT: 168 

Hey, congrats! Are you from NS (or have any maritime connections) by any chance?

• 2 weeks later...
Olive
  • Law School Admit
On 12/23/2022 at 10:19 PM, Linen said:

Hey, congrats! Are you from NS (or have any maritime connections) by any chance?

Thank you! No, I am from Ontario with no maritime connections. 

• 4 weeks later...
ally97
  • Undergrad

Got the email today- on my birthday!
My first acceptance and my top choice! Email received at 12:37 pm but the portal didn’t update until this evening 

Applied in the general category and I’m an Ontario resident with no maritime connections 

LSAT - 158, 165
cGPA (OLSAS) - 2.91
T20/B10 - 4.0

Took a long break in between uni years to work full time and travel the world 

Strong personal statement with emphasis on overcoming adversities and what inspired me to pursue law

Spent the last year volunteering at a local law office, but otherwise soft ECs

Will probably be accepting this offer! 

Good luck to everyone 🙏🏼

• Like 1

BigR
  • Law School Admit

Accepted Feb. 1. 

Applied Late October

LSAT: 161

CGPA: 3.36

L2: 3.9/4.0

Varsity Athlete and other EC's

Good Luck to those waiting!

legalgirlypop
  • Applicant

Accepted this morning! 

LSAT 160, CGPA 3.62. Lots of volunteer experience, strong references, varsity athlete, and out of province. 

Probably going to decline as I got into one of my top choices. Best of luck to everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...
harveyspecterwho
  • Law School Admit

Accepted this morning - A little bummed out as Dal was my first choice but I already accepted another offer so will have to decline. Congrats to everyone else receiving an offer!

LSAT - 164

CGPA ~ 3.5/4

Stronger L2 ( don’t have the number in front of me right now), Strong work experience, fairly average references. 

Windsorhopeful
  • Articling Student
14 minutes ago, harveyspecterwho said:

Accepted this morning - A little bummed out as Dal was my first choice but I already accepted another offer so will have to decline. Congrats to everyone else receiving an offer!

LSAT - 164

CGPA ~ 3.5/4

Stronger L2 ( don’t have the number in front of me right now), Strong work experience, fairly average references. 

Drop the other offer and go to Dal. If it's your top choice, you don't have to stick with the one you've accepted. Dal isn't in Ontario and there will be no impact on your dropping the other acceptance unless it's OLSAS and you want to keep Ontario as a possible option.

• Like 1

abelleli
  • Law School Admit

Accepted this morning; sent in my application on Nov 31 and had been an anxious case the entire time. 

LSAT - 164

L2 GPA = 3.4 (undergrad), 3.78 grad GPA

Also applied under the Life Experiences category in case my stats aren't competitive in General. Strong references, lots of volunteer work/community leadership in human rights work, strong work experience in sustainability + sustainability-focused personal statement detailing interests in related programs at Dal. 

Question for entrance scholarships: has anyone received an offer along with their acceptance? 

CMacK
  • Applicant
22 minutes ago, abelleli said:

Accepted this morning; sent in my application on Nov 31 and had been an anxious case the entire time. 

LSAT - 164

L2 GPA = 3.4 (undergrad), 3.78 grad GPA

Also applied under the Life Experiences category in case my stats aren't competitive in General. Strong references, lots of volunteer work/community leadership in human rights work, strong work experience in sustainability + sustainability-focused personal statement detailing interests in related programs at Dal. 

Question for entrance scholarships: has anyone received an offer along with their acceptance? 

Congrats! Hopefully I’ll see you at Dal in the fall! I don’t think Dal sends scholarship offers with acceptances, but they should be sending offers in the next week or so 🙂 They started sending scholarship offers around this  time last year

CasualQuarterLifeCrisis
  • Law School Admit

Accepted this morning!

LSAT: 163

cGPA (from OLSAS): 3.49/4.00

Still weighing some other options, but very pleased all the same! Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting!

ad321
  • Applicant

So happy to finally make this post! Got accepted this morning and will gladly be accepting!

cGPA: 4.09 and LSAT: 155,158,163

RykeTheBike
  • Applicant
On 11/25/2022 at 2:07 PM, Rhaenyra said:

Hey all

Did anyone get "Written Notification to Follow"  as their app status before getting their acceptance? or did they send the acceptance email right away?

I still have this! hoping to get in!!

• Hugs 1

Ceiliedh
  • Applicant
On 3/1/2023 at 11:18 AM, RykeTheBike said:

I still have this! hoping to get in!!

I still have it too. I applied end of November. Fingers crossed for everyone ! 

Skipper6
  • Law School Admit
On 1/31/2023 at 1:49 PM, Skipper6 said:

Just received my offer this afternoon!

GPA 3.9/4.3, LSAT 160. 

For some reason I can't edit this post - but I wanted to add that I will be declining as I was accepted elsewhere with a scholarship. Goodluck to everyone waiting!!

RykeTheBike
  • Applicant

Hi everyone, I am so ecstatic to announce that I was accepted this morning to Schulich at Dalhousie! I have been dreaming of being a student of law there since I was 12 years old!!

I have a 160 and a 3.8, good softs and a solid personal statement (at least my grandfather thinks so lol)

hope to meet some of you soon!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

RykeTheBike
  • Applicant
On 11/25/2022 at 2:07 PM, Rhaenyra said:

Hey all

Did anyone get "Written Notification to Follow"  as their app status before getting their acceptance? or did they send the acceptance email right away?

yep!!!!! The way that Dal explained it to me over the phone was that they make all decisions around June. so if you hear back before then, you are in, and if you hear back after June, then you might or might not be in lol. Really doesn't help to explain much lol!

goodquestion92
  • Applicant

Accepted March 9th 

cGPA 3.42/4

January LSAT 166

Edited by goodquestion92