Accepted to Victoria 2023

joffer
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

Maitaity
  • Applicant

Just got the call (Jan 27)! Lady was so nice and I was honestly shocked to get accepted this early. Super grateful. 

LSAT 161 

CGPA: 4.0 (4.33 scale) and with drops close to 4.1 or .2 I think. Not sure on UVic scale 

Applied general category. Strong ECs and >1 year full-time work experience 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

biglawfirmstakeme
  • Undergrad

Congrats!!!! OMG EVERY TIME SOMEONE GETS A CALL I GET SO EXCITED PLS GOD I WANT TO LIVE IN THE ISLAND SO BAD

Did you get it like at close to 1PMish, like literally minutes ago or somthng, local time or are you posting late?

10 minutes ago, Maitaity said:

Just got the call (Jan 27)! Lady was so nice and I was honestly shocked to get accepted this early. Super grateful. 

LSAT 161 

CGPA: 4.0 (4.33 scale) and with drops close to 4.1 or .2 I think. Not sure on UVic scale 

Applied general category. Strong ECs and >1 year full-time work experience 

Just quoting you for my message above 🙂

Maitaity
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, biglawfirmstakeme said:

Congrats!!!! OMG EVERY TIME SOMEONE GETS A CALL I GET SO EXCITED PLS GOD I WANT TO LIVE IN THE ISLAND SO BAD

Did you get it like at close to 1PMish, like literally minutes ago or somthng, local time or are you posting late?

Just quoting you for my message above 🙂

Thank you so much ❤️ I'm sure yours is coming soon!!  🙂

Yes it would have been pretty much right before 1 PM PST. I posted right after we hung up.

biglawfirmstakeme
  • Undergrad
1 minute ago, Maitaity said:

Thank you so much ❤️ I'm sure yours is coming soon!!  🙂

Yes it would have been pretty much right before 1 PM PST. I posted right after we hung up.

It just might!!!!!! our stats are so similar (163 LSAT, 4/4.33 GPA w drops)

• Hugs 1

comfehbunny
  • Law School Admit

Just got the call!!

3.62/4.33 cGPA (without drops) 

166 LSAT

Applied on Dec 30 and was not thinking to get a call already

Strong PS and mediocre softs

Will be accepting unless I hear from UBC

• Hugs 1

Jade
  • Applicant

got the call, accepted to JD/JID on Feb 27th. 🙂 $2000 minimum scholarship. don't know if i will be accepting. applied regular category. Indigenous applicant. she said i was the last call that day lol

Edited by Jade
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, harveyspecterrrr said:

Just got the call 15 minutes ago!!!! 164 and 3.54 cgpa 

Congrats!!! Would you be willing to share if you applied in the regular or inclusive category? 

Jade
  • Applicant

just got accepted to the JD program as well! Accepted to the JD/JID a while ago. Indigenous applicant for JD and regular applicant for JD/JID.

Edited by Jade
  • Hugs 1

harveyspecterrrr
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, bamboocrab said:

Congrats!!! Would you be willing to share if you applied in the regular or inclusive category? 

thank you and of course! I applied regular

skoot
  • Applicant

Got the call at 2PM! 

LSAT 168, GPA 84(?) unsure how drops work for UVic 

Applied regular 

The admissions staffer was so nice 🙂 

Edited by skoot

FalcoDavid
  • Applicant

Accepted yesterday around 2 PST for general category. 164, 3.8 gpa without drops. Very excited and extremely grateful. Good luck everyone!

• Hugs 1

Cici
  • Applicant
On 2/10/2023 at 8:40 AM, FalcoDavid said:

Accepted yesterday around 2 PST for general category. 164, 3.8 gpa without drops. Very excited and extremely grateful. Good luck everyone!

when did you apply?

buttercrackers
  • Applicant

got the email about an hour ago! not sure if/when they called because i’m out of the country at the moment. will definitely be accepting as uvic is my first choice (and first acceptance woo i’m so relieved!)!!

lsat 170 

gpa 3.3ish? not sure with multiple transcripts and drops

i was very happy with my personal statement and extracurriculars

applied mid december

• Hugs 1

got the email about an hour ago! not sure if/when they called because i’m out of the country at the moment. will definitely be accepting as uvic is my first choice (and first acceptance woo i’m so relieved!)!!

lsat 170 

gpa 3.3ish? not sure with multiple transcripts and drops

i was very happy with my personal statement and extracurriculars

applied mid december

Congrats!!! Would be be willing to share whether you applied in the regular or inclusive category? 

Edited by bamboocrab

buttercrackers
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, bamboocrab said:

Congrats!!! Would be be willing to share whether you applied in the regular or inclusive category? 

regular!

knockknock
  • Law School Admit

Got the call on Feb 28th, just remembered to make an account so here I am! Can't believe I got the call from uvic so soon since I applied on the last day!

LSAT 166 CGPA 3.75ish with drops

my gpa went up and down over my undergrad and I applied under general, I think my saving grace might have been my one year relevant work experience in federal gov? good luck to everyone!

• Hugs 2