Can I assume a fall hybrid model?

Lawyered
  • Law Student

Since Ryerson Law has not really revealed a definitive answer regarding the way classes would be  conducted in the fall - would it be silly to  assume they will  be flexible and offer both online and an in-person options?

Moving is a huge leap for me and I rather not unless I absolutely have to. It takes months to plan a move and classes start next month!

Am I wrong to assume RL's hesistancy implies they may be more flexible and have both an online and  in person option? Maybe current RL students have deeper insights?

Thank you!

Edited by Lawyered

• Lawyered changed the title to Can I assume a fall hybrid model?
  • 2 weeks later...
iceprincess
  • Law Student

Current student here. There hasn't been any recent updates. However, because it is a transition semester it is most likely that every class should have an online option for the fall semester. 

Edited by iceprincess

SNAILS
  • Law Student

Osgoode is doing fall online, with winter semester in person. 

I'm actually moving to Osgoode residence right away anyway because I don't want to be too far away for those few in person things that might happen in Sept through Dec.

28 minutes ago, SNAILS said:

Osgoode is doing fall online, with winter semester in person. 

I'm actually moving to Osgoode residence right away anyway because I don't want to be too far away for those few in person things that might happen in Sept through Dec.

This information is different than what the Dean of students told me. I was told there will be some in person classes (as you can see in the schedule). With the option to expand the times and dates for in person classes (which the Dean considers likely). I posted the whole email in the Facebook group if you want to see. 

• Like 1

SNAILS
  • Law Student

I read all of the course outlines for Osgoode yesterday. The general theme seems to be "synchronous" and "a-synchronous" online lectures. The first kind is where the professor and all of the students are on Zoom together. The second time is where the professor posts pre-recorded lectures and the students are expected to review them and the assigned readings by a certain time - generally the following day's class for an online Q & A period.

It seems the pre-recorded lectures will mostly start appearing mid September since there will be a lot of introductory stuff until then.

These outlines do not seem to be in their final version.