North Dakota

Oilers fan

On 7/9/2021 at 11:16 PM, 2345434 said:

Possibly, I haven’t looked into what the grade requirements are that their scholarships require. Regardless, the OP has posted his stats and they are, in fact borderline for admission to the U of M (and probably also Lakehead, Windsor, U of S, UNB and TRU). If he got a few points higher on the LSAT he very well may get an offer. 

The fact that tuition at UND is already comparable to what he would be paying at any of the prairie law schools even absent a scholarship due to the reciprocity agreement between the ND and MB governments and the fact that UND is a public university also gave me the impression it was not quite as trashy as say, Cooley, but perhaps I’m wrong.

I do have friends too that are currently enrolled in UND law and have already secured a job there. I just wasn't sure how the transition will be if they decide to come back. 

Thanks guys for the advice too

• Lawyer
3 hours ago, Oilers fan said:

I do have friends too that are currently enrolled in UND law and have already secured a job there. I just wasn't sure how the transition will be if they decide to come back. 

Thanks guys for the advice too

If you have a US law degree and are intending to come back to Canada, you will have to write the NCA exams in addition to articling. I'm not sure how many exams there are, but I think it is 5+ and studying for them can be quite time-consuming. Without giving too much away, I know someone who got her law degree in England, completed articling and CPLED (the bar admission course you have to complete to qualify to practice in the prairie provinces) at the same time as me, but is still working on completing the NCA requirements to be called to the bar. She is currently working in a support staff position. I articled two years ago. Go to UND if you feel that is the best option for you, knowing what you do now. It is probably the best foreign school for working in Manitoba if you can't get into a Canadian school, but it sounds like it is entirely within the realm of possibility that you could be with some, relatively minor, additional work. 

Edited by 2345434
  • Thanks 1