Accepted to Calgary 2023

kollykibbler
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

kollykibbler
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, Neon_beige said:

Accepted today! L2: 3.84, LSAT 166. This is the only school to which I applied so I'll be accepting.

Congrats!

Ev.91
  • Law School Admit

Accepted yesterday evening. Notified through email and portal. 170 LSAT 3.9 L2. My application became complete on Dec. 7

ECs/awards: A couple scholarships, deans list, lab assistant, student advisory board, 1 of 11 spots in an international field school, and a but of volunteer work.

Work experience: 12+ years

Accepted the offer right away! Calgary was my first choice and only application. 

Edited by Ev.91
Add application completion date
  • Like 4

Neon_beige
  • Applicant
16 hours ago, Ev.91 said:

Accepted yesterday evening. Notified through email and portal. 170 LSAT 3.9 L2. My application became complete on Dec. 7

ECs/awards: A couple scholarships, deans list, lab assistant, student advisory board, 1 of 11 spots in an international field school, and a but of volunteer work.

Work experience: 12+ years

Accepted the offer right away! Calgary was my first choice and only application. 

Same. Firmly established in Calgary so not willing to move my family, didn't apply anywhere else. I've been in the workforce for 15 years which is apparently something the U of C likes.

• Like 3

bubbly
  • Applicant

Accepted today! L2: 3.82, 164 LSAT

Average EC's and work experience.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by bubbly
  • Like 2

LMP
  • Law Student
26 minutes ago, existentialdread said:

Losing my mind posting this but got accepted today:

3.5 L2 and 164 LSAT (highest of four takes)

lots of relevant work experience in the last 5 years and worked throughout undergrad.

I truly cannot believe it. This was my fourth application cycle. I got waitlisted until the bitter end last cycle and was so disappointed I didn’t get in. I truly can’t believe this finally happened for me and will be accepting.

No takesie backsies. Let this be a lesson to everyone in persistence. If you apply so many times that they get sick of reading your application, then they might finally let you in!

Congratulations! Very well deserved and a great example of what persistence can accomplish.

• Like 2

شخص غريب
11 hours ago, bubbly said:

Accepted today! L2: 3.82, 164 LSAT

Average EC's and work experience.

Good luck everyone!

4 hours ago, jkiljktyj412 said:

Accepted today at 4PM. 

3.8 L2 and 164 LSAT. Can't believe it!

Will you guys be accepting or are you guys waiting for other schools?

• 4 weeks later...
Lawguy14
  • Law Student

Accepted yesterday! 

L2: 3.79 LSAT: 162

2 years of relevant work experience and good EC’s.

Will be accepting as UofC is my first choice!

• Like 7

xyzstudent
  • Law School Admit
36 minutes ago, Lawguy14 said:

Accepted yesterday! 

Congrats!

May I ask when you completed your application?

I just submitted my last unofficial transcript today. Just wanted to see what the rough timeline looks like for a decision :). Also, did your application change the status after you completed the to-do list? Mine says "0" but I am not sure if it should say "completed" or something along those lines. 

Thank you in advance for helping me out with those questions!

Lawguy14
  • Law Student
48 minutes ago, vnyycstudent said:

Congrats!

May I ask when you completed your application?

I just submitted my last unofficial transcript today. Just wanted to see what the rough timeline looks like for a decision :). Also, did your application change the status after you completed the to-do list? Mine says "0" but I am not sure if it should say "completed" or something along those lines. 

Thank you in advance for helping me out with those questions!

Thank you! 

My application was complete as of late October. The status will change to “application under review” or something along those lines once they have processed your application being complete - there is really no set timeline here. Then once a decision has been made the status will change again and you will receive an email saying that your application status has been updated.

Hope this helps.

xyzstudent
  • Law School Admit
3 minutes ago, Lawguy14 said:

Thank you! 

My application was complete as of late October. The status will change to “application under review” or something along those lines once they have processed your application being complete - there is really no set timeline here. Then once a decision has been made the status will change again and you will receive an email saying that your application status has been updated.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much! 🙂

شخص غريب
2 hours ago, Lawguy14 said:

Accepted yesterday! 

Congratulations!

When did you complete your undergrad?

Lawguy14
  • Law Student
13 minutes ago, Linen said:

Congratulations!

When did you complete your undergrad?

Thank you - Spring 2021

LegallyB
  • Applicant

Just got accepted to UofC! 

I got an email notifying me that there were changes to my UofC Student Centre. When I checked my status said accepted and there was a letter of admissions. 

Stats: LSAT: 163 (Only one take), CGPA: 3.7/4.0, L2: 3.8/4.0 

ECs: Worked for over 3 years as a marketing manager during my undergrad, varsity athletics, held leadership in 3 clubs, and volunteered locally.

Applied November 28th 

UofC is my top choice, so I will be accepting 🙂

Also today is Mom's Bday so this will make a great gift! 

• Like 6

joffer
  • Applicant

just got the status update! Accepted like an hour ago, applied as soon as the application opened.

With my grades from last semester, 3.94 L2 and 176 LSAT + little to no extracurriculars 

• Like 2

FtrAtrny2026
  • Applicant

My status says "Your application to the Faculty of Law has been received" and my to do list is at 0. Should it read differently? Like "application under review." I completed my application in early November. 

Congrats to all those already accepted! 

kollykibbler
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, FtrAtrny2026 said:

My status says "Your application to the Faculty of Law has been received" and my to do list is at 0. Should it read differently? Like "application under review." I completed my application in early November. 

Congrats to all those already accepted! 

I think you’re good. Best of luck!

• Thanks 1

Checked today and was accepted! Did not receive an email 

169 and GPA 85% 

First choice is not UofC so will wait to see if accepted to other schools before making my decision! 

Tenacious
  • Law Student

I'm speechless right now. I just got the acceptance email after 4 rejections last year. 

163 LSAT 

3.8 GPA

• Like 4

xyzstudent
  • Law School Admit
3 minutes ago, Tenacious said:

I'm speechless right now. I just got the acceptance email after 4 rejections last year. 

163 LSAT 

3.8 GPA

Congrats!

May I ask if you were rejected by UofC last year? I think your stats would look pretty good for this school. Was just curious...

Edited by vnyycstudent

xyzstudent
  • Law School Admit
17 minutes ago, Tenacious said:

rejected from U of A, U of S, UNB, and TRU last year

Gotcha! 
Their loss ;)! Congrats again on your admission for this year!

شخص غريب
1 hour ago, Tenacious said:

163 LSAT 

3.8 GPA

Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking, what were your ECs like? And when did you complete your undergrad? Oh, and when did you submit your application?