Accepted to Toronto 2023

zemaODO
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

mide377
  • Applicant

Also got a call earlier this morning during class and started crying! But I wanted to wait for someone else to start the thread cuz it didn't feel real (they said they would send an official email tonight).

OLSAS GPA: 3.98

LSAT: 164

Got an offer from Osgoode Nov 30th so trying to decide between the two!

Goodluck to everyone waiting to hear back! 🙂

• Like 4

Got a call today and was told an email would follow in the evening! 

OLSAS GPA: 3.89 

LSAT: 169 

Good luck to everyone waiting! 

• Like 2

Who12345
  • Applicant

Got the call yesterday at about 5 PM. Started crying instantly lol.

June Lsat: 161

August LSAT: 164

CGPA: 3.95/4.0

Lots of Softs

Wrote the optional essay

Applied General

Congratulations to everyone who was admitted, and good luck to those waiting!

2023cycleonly
  • Applicant
17 hours ago, zemaODO said:

Can't believe I'm starting this off. 

cGPA: 3.7

Congratulations!! What ECs did you have? Did you write the optional essay?

GoatDuck
  • Law Student

Just got the phone call! 3.81 OLSAS cGPA, 3.94 B3/L3, 171 LSAT. Decent softs. Wrote the optional essay. General applicant. 

crocslover
  • Law School Admit

Got the phone call this morning! 

B3 3.90 (much lower CGPA), 164 LSAT. Good softs & wrote the optional essay. General applicant. 

Edited by Autumn

nextsteplawschool
  • Applicant

Got the phone call about an hour ago!

cGPA: 3.95 B3: 3.97
LSAT: 167 (October), 169 (November) -- unsure if they got my Nov score in time for the decision

General applicant, wrote optional essay

• Ryn pinned this topic
4 hours ago, 2023cycleonly said:

Congratulations!! What ECs did you have? Did you write the optional essay?

Yes, I wrote the optional essay. My ECs were okay. I'm a STEM major so most of them revolved around science (clubs, research internships, etc.)

notterrible
  • Law Student

Missed a mysterious call with no voicemail at 3:40--just called back and found out I was accepted!!! WHOO!! This forum has been such a godsend, wow, I cannot believe I am posting this.

OLSAS GPA: 3.96

LSAT 163 (Oct), 165 (Nov)

General admit, wrote the optional essay. I had pretty extensive and I think (?) fairly unique ECs, which I think helped me out a lot, but who knows. Either way, congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far, and good luck to all still in the queue! 

thrill
  • Law Student
21 minutes ago, notterrible said:

Missed a mysterious call with no voicemail at 3:40--just called back and found out I was accepted!!! WHOO!! This forum has been such a godsend, wow, I cannot believe I am posting this.

OLSAS GPA: 3.96

LSAT 163 (Oct), 165 (Nov)

General admit, wrote the optional essay. I had pretty extensive and I think (?) fairly unique ECs, which I think helped me out a lot, but who knows. Either way, congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far, and good luck to all still in the queue! 

i missed mine too - i think i prefer it as a voicemail anyways, not much for me to say

peteypoka
  • Applicant

Hi, all. I missed a call from Joshua Morrison at UofT around 3:20 Toronto time. Did anyone else receive their call from him? Just wondering if I can begin celebrating. Thanks!

dogsandwatermelon
  • Applicant
13 minutes ago, peteypoka said:

Hi, all. I missed a call from Joshua Morrison at UofT around 3:20 Toronto time. Did anyone else receive their call from him? Just wondering if I can begin celebrating. Thanks!

I saw someone else say that was the name of the person who gave them their acceptance! I think you're in 🙂

• Hugs 1

thagodrakim
  • Applicant

Got the phone call at about 2
OLSAS GPA: 3.83
B3:3.88
LSAT:175
General applicant, Not great softs, and wrote the optional essay.

Edited by thagodrakim

peteypoka
  • Applicant

I got the email at 8 ET. Super thrilled and definitely going to attend!

OLSAS GPA: 3.95

LSAT: 169

No overly remarkable EC's, but some diverse employment history and awards. Wrote the optional essay. 

Qwerty
  • Applicant

Mature candidate. Educational background in Life Sci

LSAT: 167

cGPA: 3.75 (I had a bad 4th year and if they read my mandatory personal statement, it indirectly explains why)

B3: not sure tbh, I think 3.8 +/- 0.01

Wrote the optional essay

I received a call today but didn't pick up thinking it was a scam call. Now with the email received, that call must have been the acceptance call.

Edited by Qwerty

Jimmy McGill
  • Law School Admit

Received a call earlier today that I have been accepted… super excited being that it’s the world renowned UofT!

LSAT: 165

cGPA: 4.07/4.3

L2: ~4.3

pretty strong EC’s and essays (I think)

• Like 1

cryingalmond
  • Applicant

Just got the phone call!

OLSAS cGPA: 3.95

Wrote the optional essay 

Strong softs (Department awards, RA/TA positions) 

I never really expected to get in so almost didn't apply, McGill has been my top choice for years but I don't know what to do now! Good luck for everyone who are waiting! 

• Ryn changed the title to Accepted to Toronto 2023
LSH666
  • Law Student

Just got the phone call!!!

cGPA: 3.60

L2: 3.74

B2: 3.83

B3: 3.76

LSAT: 163 (August 2022), 175 (October 2022)

Decent work experience (mainly co-op internships from my undergrad), no clubs or volunteering after highschool (so I couldn't report it).

Good luck to everyone still waiting, you can do it!!! Also, if your LSAT was well bellow your PTs, then I highly recommend retaking the test. If your score wasn't as high as you hoped, don't worry. Take a few days or a week to decompress. Then, when you're ready, take it again!

backtomac
  • Applicant
19 minutes ago, LSH666 said:

Just got the phone call!!!

cGPA: 3.60

L2: 3.74

B2: 3.83

B3: 3.76

LSAT: 163 (August 2022), 175 (October 2022)

Decent work experience (mainly co-op internships from my undergrad), no clubs or volunteering after highschool (so I couldn't report it).

Good luck to everyone still waiting, you can do it!!! Also, if your LSAT was well bellow your PTs, then I highly recommend retaking the test. If your score wasn't as high as you hoped, don't worry. Take a few days or a week to decompress. Then, when you're ready, take it again!

yay someone with my b3! boooo they have a 175. all jokes aside huge congrats!!!!! you deserve it!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1