Accepted to Ottawa (Common Law) 2023

jkiljktyj412
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

jkiljktyj412
  • Law School Admit

No email, but checked uozone to see status accepted. Still waiting on other offers.

OLSAS cGPA: 3.77 LSAT 164

Happy to start it off!

• Like 1

FutureLawyer12345622
  • Law School Admit

I was also accepted today. I’m surprised to be accepted so early given my LSAT score.

CGPA: 3.95

LSAT: 158

Average softs and applied general.

• Like 1

RMSC2000
  • Applicant

Got in today!

CGPA: 3.90/4.00

LSAT: 164

I would say my softs were really strong (multiple paid & volunteer research experiences, president of a club, worked throughout undergrad, 3 years of student governance experience, etc.).

amandine
  • Applicant

Got in today too!! No email yet but updated on uozone

CGPA 3.85

LSAT 170

Applied general. Not sure how to rate my softs

cryingalmond
  • Applicant

Also got accepted today! 

OLSAS cGPA: 3.95, LSAT: 164 / 4th year undergrad / Strong softs and extracurricular (department awards, RA/TA experiences, etc.)

Still waiting on other offers but this is my first acceptance so i'm over the moon! good luck to others who applied 🙂

• Like 1

heythere
  • Applicant

Status updated to “admitted!” 

3.68/168

General (special circumstances) category, MA student, average softs and decent to strong personal statement (in my subjective opinion). 

Hope you all hear some great news soon too, just wait on it 😊♥️

Edited by heythere

lilolemenotmuch2see
13 minutes ago, heythere said:

Status updated to “admitted!” 

3.68/168

General/Discretionary category, MA student, average softs and decent to strong personal statement (in my subjective opinion). 

Hope you all hear some great news soon too, just wait on it 😊♥️

General or Discretionary? Congrats!

heythere
  • Applicant
12 minutes ago, lilolemenotmuch2see said:

General or Discretionary? Congrats!

Sorry! There’s an option to apply general, but with special circumstances. That’s what I applied under to explain my low first year gpa. 

Edited by heythere

khb99
  • Applicant

International applicant here, checked uozone just now and was accepted!

GPA: international so I'm not sure, but I have an overall A- (90% avg).
LSAT: 165
Strong softs (relevant legal work experience, loads of college and community works, leadership roles, and international activities)

Alli306
  • Law Student

Accepted! 

LSAT: 163

cGPA: 3.91

Three internships and other softs, part-time work. applied general. 

First acceptance so over the moon!

2 minutes ago, Alli306 said:

Accepted! 

LSAT: 163

cGPA: 3.91

Three internships and other softs, part-time work. applied general. 

First acceptance so over the moon!

congrats! did they email you or was it on uozone? 

Hanzawa
  • Law School Admit

Accepted on uozone yesterday and got the email this morning!

LSAT 167

cGPA/B3 3.88

Very average ECs (part-time, club, volunteer, etc.) and one internship

Applied General

eggfanclub
  • Applicant

Accepted yesterday (7/12/22) ~8:30am ET -- got an email update that my application status had changed on uozone! Applied general + was very surprised to get an A this early in the cycle. 

LSAT: 160 (Oct 22) 

OLSAS cGPA: 3.7 (undergrad in the US) 

imho it was my ECs + work experience + LORs + PS that got me in; almost 3 years out of undergrad, postgrad work experience as a research assistant (1 year in unrelated social science field, 1 year on a legal history project w coauthored publications/conference presentations w my PI, who wrote a LOR for me) + a legal aid internship in undergrad + student gov/other social justice-y related volunteer activities consistently throughout undergrad. I also worked part-time throughout the majority of undergrad and wrote about that experience in my PS (which was centered around my interests in labor + employment law) 

Good luck to everyone still waiting and congratulations to everyone who's gotten in so far! Rooting for y'all. 

Edited by eggfanclub

• Ryn changed the title to Accepted to Ottawa (Common Law) 2023
  • Ryn pinned this topic
backtomac
  • Applicant
12 minutes ago, canadianmoose said:

Accepted today.

CGPA: 3.84, LSAT: 166

congrats! do you know that your decision came out today or is today the day you checked the portal?

canadianmoose
  • Law Student
35 minutes ago, backtomac said:

congrats! do you know that your decision came out today or is today the day you checked the portal?

thanks! I got the email today, then checked the portal.

Mr. Blue
  • Applicant

Accepted this morning! Checked uOzone and saw that my status had changed to Admitted.

OLSAS cGPA 3.7, LSAT 160, above average softs (including two years of federal government experience in a legal adjacent field), plus LORs from two uOttawa professors.

Completed my undergrad at uOttawa in French immersion and mentioned my interest in continuing to study in both French and English in my PS.