Accepted to Ottawa (Common Law) 2023

jkiljktyj412
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

JoMama
  • Law School Admit

Got the email this morning!!!!! AHH

cGPA: 3.83 L2: 3.93, B2: 3.93, LSAT: 160

Applied access with normal softs.

Best of luck everyone!

• Like 1

canigetanowaaowaa

Accepted on Tuesday.

CGPA 3.9 (from OLSAS) LSAT 16low (jan).

My portal shows I was admitted on February 14th but I didn’t notice until I got the email today.

kimseokjinjjang
  • Applicant

accepted yesterday (email to check portal today but letter dated yesterday)

cgpa 3.5 

lsat 155, 158, 161, 166

average softs

probably will be declining

Edited by kimseokjinjjang

starbuxlawyer
  • Law School Admit

Got an email this morning, letter dated Feb 21 in UOzone. 3.75/3.95 (4.33) and 165, very good softs. 

• 2 weeks later...
deeozzy
  • Applicant

Received the e-mail this morning! It’s my first acceptance so I am super happy. Deadline to accept is April 1st but I’m still waiting to hear from two other schools (TMU and Windsor). The letter in the portal is dated March 2nd. The offer is in OLSAS as well. 

CGPA 3.32/3.65

LSAT 142 (lmao), 153, 151, and 160 (finally!)

Applied in the general category but realized I was eligible for access at the end of February (yes - I know) so adjusted my application. Not sure if I was accepted for consideration though! 

I’m uOttawa alum (not sure if that counts for anything) and was super involved on campus in student government. Been working for the GoC since I was a student, with previous experience as a litigation analyst. Currently a FT policy analyst. 

Law school has been a lifelong dream of mine, and this was a journey! (See LSAT attempts above, lol) Best of luck to you all! 

• Like 5

Chewy
  • Law School Admit
10 hours ago, deeozzy said:

Received the e-mail this morning! It’s my first acceptance so I am super happy. Deadline to accept is April 1st but I’m still waiting to hear from two other schools (TMU and Windsor). The letter in the portal is dated March 2nd. The offer is in OLSAS as well. 

CGPA 3.32/3.65

Applied in the general category but realized I was eligible for access at the end of February (yes - I know) so adjusted my application. Not sure if I was accepted for consideration though! 

I’m uOttawa alum (not sure if that counts for anything) and was super involved on campus in student government. Been working for the GoC since I was a student, with previous experience as a litigation analyst. Currently a FT policy analyst. 

Law school has been a lifelong dream of mine, and this was a journey! (See LSAT attempts above, lol) Best of luck to you all! 

Congratulations. Way to stick with it with those LSAT scores. That takes a lot of grit and determination to start at a low 14X, experience a score decrease, and then get that 160.

deeozzy
  • Applicant
10 hours ago, Chewy said:

Congratulations. Way to stick with it with those LSAT scores. That takes a lot of grit and determination to start at a low 14X, experience a score decrease, and then get that 160.

Thank you! It was definitely discouraging. I went in super confident and saw that decrease, this was always before score preview so RIP me. But I took some years off to really reflect and focus on other things like my career which worked wonders in the long run and ultimately I think made me a stronger Applicant! 

Godisfaithful
  • Law Student

So grateful to be posting here. Acceptance email came this morning; letter dated yesterday

Mature applicant (30s)

GPA - 3.44 LSAT - 150

2 year Law Clerk Diploma

5 years experience as a law clerk (currently working in the public sector as a law clerk)

Mostly importantly, the grace and favor of God. Keep trusting and he will do it. God bless you all!

• Like 6

marshephine
  • Law School Admit

Got accepted this morning!!!!! lsat-166 and gpa 3.93/4.0 OLSAS. Good luck to everyone else who's waiting for a decision 🙂

Godisfaithful
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, Godisfaithful said:

So grateful to be posting here. Acceptance email came this morning; letter dated yesterday

Mature applicant (30s)

GPA - 3.44 LSAT - 150

2 year Law Clerk Diploma

5 years experience as a law clerk (currently working in the public sector as a law clerk)

Most importantly, the grace and favor of God. Keep trusting and he will do it. God bless you all!

Edited by Godisfaithful
I'm so sorry for reposting. I was trying to edit my original post and I ended up reposting.

Seagullthelegal
  • Law School Admit

I've been a long time lurker of this forum and so excited to finally receive an offer this Saturday!

Cgpa 3.5 on OLSAS, b2: 3.8 ish

LSAT 151 (oct), 158 (jan) (dreams do come true)

above average E.C (work experience in the legal field) and i think reflecting that on my personal statement helped me a lot. 
Good luck to everyone on this forum, you got this!

• Like 1

ng5492022
  • Law School Admit
6 hours ago, Seagullthelegal said:

I've been a long time lurker of this forum and so excited to finally receive an offer this Saturday!

Cgpa 3.5 on OLSAS, b2: 3.8 ish

LSAT 151 (oct), 158 (jan) (dreams do come true)

above average E.C (work experience in the legal field) and i think reflecting that on my personal statement helped me a lot. 
Good luck to everyone on this forum, you got this!

Congrats! Did you receive any email notification at all?

Seagullthelegal
  • Law School Admit
19 hours ago, ng5492022 said:

Congrats! Did you receive any email notification at all?

After I saw the status change, I received an email but nothing on OLSAS yet (it takes a while to update)

Abarmot
  • Law School Admit

Accepted, letter is dated March 10.

LSAT 163

GPA 89%

I went to a 4 year college degree program in Ontario for paralegal studies.

Will not be accepting.

MauriceCharland
  • Law School Admit

Accepted December 15. Declined in favour of U of A. 

CGPA: 4.0/4.0 LSAT: 159 

• 2 weeks later...
bubbly
  • Applicant
On 3/3/2023 at 6:44 AM, deeozzy said:

CGPA 3.32/3.65

Congrats on your acceptance! I was wondering, did you inform the Ottawa admissions you changed your category section and get access that way or were you able to just adjust it on OLSAS?

TheMattMurdock
  • Applicant

Accepted via email! 3.1x cgpa, 171 LSAT, applied access.

Edited by TheMattMurdock
  • Like 1

Law_Hopeful
  • Applicant
16 hours ago, lucieux said:

Accepted March 16: cGPA 3.06, LSAT 157

Congrats! Did you apply access, mature or regular category? 

istudyforfun
  • Applicant

Did anyone email them for an update on status, especially with deadlines coming - any replies?