2021-2022 Course Offerings and Schedule

TobyFlenderson

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

For those who haven’t seen it yet, course descriptions are available for the upcoming year and the timetables (including exam schedules) are up. Course bidding opens at 9am tomorrow.

I’m pretty disappointed with both the variety/number of courses available, as well as how they’re scheduled. A lot of classes that I’m interested in overlap, and while I acknowledge there are many moving parts to coordinate when making a schedule for an entire faculty, it’s too bad that there seems to be such an intense desire to shift away from online learning. Asynchronous classes were so flexible that perhaps now I’m just spoiled.

Frankly, though, I’m having a hard time putting together a schedule that I’m happy with.

I have also heard some hesitation from students at the class sizes. It looks like classes in room 38 will allow for 178 people, with other classrooms allowing closer to 90. I’m not sure that’s feasible with the way the Delta variant appears to affect even fully vaccinated people.

• Like 1

anc1991
  • Law Student
13 hours ago, TobyFlenderson said:

For those who haven’t seen it yet, course descriptions are available for the upcoming year and the timetables (including exam schedules) are up. Course bidding opens at 9am tomorrow.

- snip -

Frankly, though, I’m having a hard time putting together a schedule that I’m happy with.

I have also heard some hesitation from students at the class sizes. It looks like classes in room 38 will allow for 178 people, with other classrooms allowing closer to 90. I’m not sure that’s feasible with the way the Delta variant appears to affect even fully vaccinated people.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your schedule. Also pretty concerned about the in-person situation as well.

Does class scheduling only apply to upper years? I was under the impression that 1L’s are given that schedules (no choice)

Ben
  • Law Student

Very surprised how many people are upset by the need to return to normal life, including an in-person education. By the time you start classes in September, the vaccination situation in Ontario is probably going to be as good as it will ever get. I would think most people would find the prospect of paying for another year on Zoom totally outrageous at that point. I certainly would. 

• Like 2

DABMAN
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, anc1991 said:

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your schedule. Also pretty concerned about the in-person situation as well.

Does class scheduling only apply to upper years? I was under the impression that 1L’s are given that schedules (no choice)

Hey I read in a recently posted thread that you get your schedule during the first day of orientation week, so it sounds like it IS planned out for you and you don't need to select it yourself. 

• Like 2

anc1991
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, DABMAN said:

Hey I read in a recently posted thread that you get your schedule during the first day of orientation week, so it sounds like it IS planned out for you and you don't need to select it yourself. 

That’s great - I love the idea of not having to make difficult choices in my first year, especially when I am absolutely clueless. Thank you!

goosie
  • Lawyer
8 hours ago, anc1991 said:

7 hours ago, DABMAN said:

Yes, you only choose and schedule your own classes in 2L and 3L. The only exception for 1Ls is you choose between taking Corporate Law or Legal Ethics in winter term - you'll have an info session on both options in the fall and you make the decision in November (I believe), so don't worry about that now.

Edited by goosie
rephrased for clarity
  • Like 1