Early Admission Consideration Email

FL36

FL36
  • Law Student

I got a email from U of A for early admission consideration... What exactly does this mean lol? I didn't even know U of A had this to be honest. 

GoatDuck
  • Law Student

The hearsay is that everyone who's (1) currently enrolled in a post-secondary program and (2) has stats above a certain threshold (@Renerik mentioned 169+ LSAT at one point) gets this email. It doesn't guarantee that you'll be admitted but it definitely is a good sign! 

Chewy
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, GoatDuck said:

The hearsay is that everyone who's (1) currently enrolled in a post-secondary program and (2) has stats above a certain threshold (@Renerik mentioned 169+ LSAT at one point) gets this email. It doesn't guarantee that you'll be admitted but it definitely is a good sign! 

Just so others don’t freak out, I have a  L2 of 3.7 and a 169 LSAT but didn’t get the email, although I’m not currently enrolled in university. Remain calm.

• Like 1

workingmanslawyer
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, GoatDuck said:

I have a 166 and got an email for early admission, so the threshold may not even be that high...

Chewy
  • Law School Admit
8 minutes ago, workingmanslawyer said:

I have a 166 and got an email for early admission, so the threshold may not even be that high...

What exactly does it say? You’ve been considered for early admission or a congratulations you’ve been selected for early admission?

Turtles
  • Law Student

FWIW (and because it's nice to go down memory lane) I received an early admissions offer from UofA back in 2019 around Dec. 6. Here's the text of that email: 

"CONGRATULATIONS!

The Admissions Committee is delighted to offer you early admission to the Faculty of Law at the University of Alberta as a first year student in the academic session commencing September, 2020. 

Your academic achievements and LSAT score are exceptional and the Committee is very impressed with your record of success. We welcome you to our Law program and look forward to meeting you in March at the Dean’s Welcome event for admitted students.

More information regarding accepting your offer and other important details are attached to this email and we will also be sending this correspondence to you by mail. We look forward to hearing from you and welcome any questions you may have.

Once again, congratulations!"

If I remember correctly, the qualification for Early Acceptance was submitting everything (incl. transcript / essay) by a certain early admissions date and being above their usual median or so -- at least back in 2019.  

Chewy
  • Law School Admit

So to answer OP’s original question, “What exactly does this mean lol?”, it means you’ve been accepted haha

Well done! Start that Accepted thread 👍

GoatDuck
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, Chewy said:

So to answer OP’s original question, “What exactly does this mean lol?”, it means you’ve been accepted haha

Well done! Start that Accepted thread 👍

No, @Turtles's quote is from the early acceptance email. What the OP got is an early admission consideration email, which says something like, "We'd like to give you a chance to be assessed for admission in December. Sent us your current unofficial transcripts and we'll go from there." 

Chewy
  • Law School Admit
10 minutes ago, GoatDuck said:

No, @Turtles's quote is from the early acceptance email. What the OP got is an early admission consideration email, which says something like, "We'd like to give you a chance to be assessed for admission in December. Sent us your current unofficial transcripts and we'll go from there." 

Embarrassing GIF

• LOL 2
  • Hugs 1

workingmanslawyer
  • Applicant
5 hours ago, GoatDuck said:

This is exactly what I got 

• 1 year later...
warraeli
  • Law School Admit
On 12/11/2022 at 3:15 PM, workingmanslawyer said:

This is exactly what I got 

Did you end up getting in? Just got the email myself

• Like 1

LawSchoolJones
  • Law School Admit

To add on, just got this email as well. Currently enrolled, so hadn't uploaded a transcript, and neither have I uploaded a personal statement (so, really only LSAT). They reached out to have me send my current transcripts to consider me for early enrollment.

• Like 1

Happy2beehere
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, warraeli said:

Did you end up getting in? Just got the email myself

Congrats!! What are your STATs?

51 minutes ago, LawSchoolJones said:

To add on, just got this email as well. Currently enrolled, so hadn't uploaded a transcript, and neither have I uploaded a personal statement (so, really only LSAT). They reached out to have me send my current transcripts to consider me for early enrollment.

LawSchoolJones
  • Law School Admit
3 hours ago, Happy2beehere said:

It's a bit wonky on the GPA, but I think my L2 is around 3.91. My LSAT was 171. 

• Like 1

warraeli
  • Law School Admit
5 hours ago, LawSchoolJones said:

Yeah same email for me but my L2 is 3.7 and then a 170 lsat 

• Like 1