Accepted to TMU 2023

Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

Pennepasta
  • Applicant
On 2/11/2023 at 11:53 AM, Futurelaw said:

Congrats!! Did you write the Jan LSAT or did you already have a score on file? Also did you apply general or access?

Thank you! I wrote the Jan LSAT and applied general.

Will be declining the offer to accept UofT

• Like 1

lucky29
  • Applicant
On 1/15/2023 at 2:43 PM, legalbaddieee said:

Hi! I'm happy to add to this. I got accepted on Jan 12th. 

I applied access, LSAT: 153, CGPA:3.6, B20: 83%

Very good extracurrilars that tie into my the reasons for why i applied as access. i think my personal statement and EC were my strongsuit. I also discussed my learning disability which explains my lower lsat.

I hope this gives someone hope! you dont need a 160+ to get into law school. I was also accepted at queens in december. 

Congrats! This is amazing. Did you write the Jan LSAT?

NobleP
  • Law School Admit

Finally got in on Feb 16th!

saw offer on RAMSS and OLSAS

LSAT: 159

CGPA: 3.41

B20: 3.9/4 ~ 4.1/4.3

6 years of experience in engineering and a licenced professional engineer. Mature applicant over 30 (access category). Masters in engineering from Waterloo and bachelor from TMU. 
3 years of volunteering experience. 
Decent interview.

• Like 1

mudkip25
  • Applicant

Accepted Feb 17.

cGPA - 3.11

B20 - 3.86

LSAT - 167 January 2023 write 

ECs - 5+ years Canadian armed forces reservist, sports clubs, otherwise nothing too special

Personal statements - I felt that they were strong

Interview - I had some cringe worthy moments but overall felt okay-ish...

LORs - strong

I applied access category, and explained the financial barriers I faced as an undergrad. 

This is my first offer. Super excited! Congrats to those who have received offers, and wishing all the best to those who are still waiting. 

• Like 1

Matt 92
  • Applicant

Question for those accepted.

When/if you signed up for that welcome day this weekend, did you receive any sort of confirmation or schedule yet? Not sure if my form was submitted properly. 

thanks!

13 minutes ago, ihateskool said:

Accepted! CGPA 3.03 B20: 3.86 LSAT: 163

Softs: MA, midway through my PhD, government research experience

Congrats! was the acceptance dated for today?

CMacK
  • Applicant

Thrilled to be posting here!! Accepted today, but the letter is dated from yesterday! I’ve decided to stay in Nova Scotia and go to Dal, but still such a validating feeling to get in. 
I applied in the access category, not sure if that’s how I was assessed.

GPA: 3.4

L2: 3.65

LSAT: 142 (lol), 161

Good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those who were accepted!

donotgogentle
  • Law Student

Accepted today! Letter was dated yesterday. GPA - 3.2, B20 - 3.79, LSAT - 158 and so very many years of working experience. Applied access (mature).

• Like 1

ihateskool
  • Applicant
10 hours ago, lawkitty30 said:

Congrats! was the acceptance dated for today?

Dated for the 27th!

Rara22
  • Applicant

Got an email congratulating me on my acceptance! Checked the portal, letter was dated March 3rd. 

Stats: L2: 3.7 CGPA: 3.1 LSAT: 166 

tarodog
  • Applicant

Was emailed this morning with a congratulations on my acceptance! The letter on my portal was dated March 3rd - I think I checked this weekend, but didn't see anything on the portal until this morning. I am so grateful!

Stats: B20: 3.94, CGPA: 3.37, LSAT: 163.

Decent ECs.

legalmom
  • Law Student

Can't believe I'm writing this!!!

-3.9 cgpa and b20
-only 2 years of undergrad (recently completed)
-applied access (medical)
-159 LSAT (january first and only)
-10+ years of work experience, 4 years caregiving, entrepreneur, obviously a mature student

Got an email this morning and was updated in the portal, dated march 3rd. See you in the fall!!!!!!

• Like 2

lawbaddie23
  • Applicant

Just made an account but accepted Feb 27th!! Super excited as I did my undergrad at TMU + this is my first law school offer 🙂

I wouldn't say I have a competitive LSAT score and my GPA is pretty average (cGPA 3.55) But I had really good references and had a lot of ECs during my undergrad (Residence Advisor for 2 years, EIC of a publication on campus, Student Groups, On-campus jobs, etc) I would also say I had a pretty strong PS.

Edited by lawbaddie23
  • Like 3

lawstudent_candidate10
  • Applicant
On 3/6/2023 at 8:03 PM, lawbaddie23 said:

Just made an account but accepted Feb 27th!! Super excited as I did my undergrad at TMU + this is my first law school offer 🙂

I wouldn't say I have a competitive LSAT score and my GPA is pretty average (cGPA 3.55) But I had really good references and had a lot of ECs during my undergrad (Residence Advisor for 2 years, EIC of a publication on campus, Student Groups, On-campus jobs, etc) I would also say I had a pretty strong PS.

Hi!

do you mind sharing your LSAT?

GoRaps12
  • Applicant

Accepted on March 13th! 

cGPA: 3.83

B2: 3.94

LSAT: 159

Decent softs! Lots of University leadership involvement and a summer internship at a law firm!

Blessings.

• Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...
kitkat99
  • Applicant

accepted the 23rd, only saw it yesterday morning when checking the portal!

applied through the Indigenous category, I definitely did not have a good/competitive LSAT (152) but had strong references, personal statement & CGPA at 3 & a B2 of 3.5

I also interned at a local cultural centre/museum last summer!

• Like 1

lawstudent_candidate10
  • Applicant

Still no update on my application. I know they are rolling out decisions until today and then waitlist April 1. 

Last year, I got my rejection letter on March 11th. Wondering what this could mean.. thoughts?

Legally_Chase
  • Law School Admit
29 minutes ago, lawstudent_candidate10 said:

Still no update on my application. I know they are rolling out decisions until today and then waitlist April 1. 

Last year, I got my rejection letter on March 11th. Wondering what this could mean.. thoughts?

The deadline to provisionally accept is April 1st I believe. So that should certainly open up more spots and they will do at least one more wave of acceptances. Best of luck!! 

• Like 1