Accepted to TMU 2023

Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

LegallyDani
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, lawstudent_candidate10 said:

Still no update on my application. I know they are rolling out decisions until today and then waitlist April 1. 

Last year, I got my rejection letter on March 11th. Wondering what this could mean.. thoughts?

They haven’t sent out any R or WL yet as far as I know.  Same boat as you just waiting and have yet to hear back at all. 

cookiemonster
  • Applicant

Admitted 

cGPA 3.49, L2 3.89

LSAT - 158

Alot of EC and a masters degree in law field of interest

tbh i thought i bombed my interview so this was surprising to see !

• Like 2

Drea
  • Applicant
14 hours ago, cookiemonster said:

Admitted 

cGPA 3.49, L2 3.89

LSAT - 158

Alot of EC and a masters degree in law field of interest

tbh i thought i bombed my interview so this was surprising to see !

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing what day the acceptance letter was dated, and when you received it?

stargirlxo
  • Law School Admit

Accepted today! Didn’t receive an email but checked the portal and saw offer of admission dated for today. LSAT: 157, cGPA: 3.33 and L2: 3.7. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

EquityAdvocate
  • Law School Admit

I received my offer of admission yesterday but did not see it until I checked the TMU portal today. I applied under access. 

Stats

LSAT: 146, 154, 159

cGPA: 2.84 (due to a former program that I dropped out of)

L2: 3.9

**Graduated from Paralegal college program and then bridged to University program. Executive of a few clubs at university and three years of practical experience as a law clerk/paralegal. 

Words of advice:  Stay hopeful and do not give up - anything is possible. Also, be sure to check the TMU portal daily. This is my second year applying, and TMU is my first offer and top choice. Good luck, everyone!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lawyer_One_Day
  • Applicant
On 3/31/2023 at 5:54 PM, LegallyDani said:

They haven’t sent out any R or WL yet as far as I know.  Same boat as you just waiting and have yet to hear back at all. 

Hey did you hear from TMU yet? Still no update on my Service Hub. Don't know if I should be more worried or just let it go. 

LegallyDani
  • Applicant
13 hours ago, Lawyer_One_Day said:

Hey did you hear from TMU yet? Still no update on my Service Hub. Don't know if I should be more worried or just let it go. 

No I didn’t! But the poster above me with the 159/2.84 is giving me hope!  No news is good news so please try to keep positive, even if it takes us another cycle, we WILL make it! 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

wannablawyer
  • Applicant

Admitted. Letter dated April 3rd. 

Will not be accepting. Best of luck to everyone! 

• Thanks 1

cookiemonster
  • Applicant
On 4/3/2023 at 2:27 PM, Drea said:

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing what day the acceptance letter was dated, and when you received it?

Yes, the letter was dated March 4th and I received March 6th. Im sorry if this was unhelpful as I posted in this forum late. 

rue
  • Law Student

Accepted this morning! This is my first acceptance and first application cycle. I will probably accept, assuming I don't get into Osgoode since I don't want to move, and I don't feel like going through this application thing ever again. 

cGPA: 3.09 

B2/L2: 3.7 

LSAT: 151 

Strong ECs, I was a part of several clubs during undergrad and completed an internship with a non-profit with my own research study on day parole rates during COVID (this was done so working alongside the CSC and PBC, and Hamilton halfway houses). I am currently a research assistant at WLU/York. Worked all throughout my undergraduate, non-law related jobs, also have my own online business.

VERY strong LRs, established professors and the executive director of the non-profit I interned with and continue to work for. 

Edited by rue
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wraith
  • Law Student

Application details:
*Application accepted on April 12, with a deadline of April 22.
*Previously rejected last year, possibly due to a poorly written personal statement.
*Removed a failed 9-credit course from the academic record to improve CGPA.
*Completed MA degree and presented at significant conferences.
*Currently employed as a law clerk.

Application information:
*Applied for access.
*CGPA: 3.03/4
*L2 GPA: 3.81/4
*B2 GPA: 4.014/4.33 TMU/Ryerson scale
*Completed MA in Philosophy at York University (MA GPA: 3.375)
*LSAT scores: Canceled previously (around 142-145), 155 (last year), 156 (January)
*Relevant experience: Research Assistant/Law intern+clerk, published a peer-reviewed paper, presented at conferences.
*Personally rate the personal statement at around 7/10. Not terrible, but not exceptionally strong.

Inspirational quote: "You can catch a lot of flies with honey, but you can catch more honeys being fly."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
Alexis DeCouvrier
  • Applicant

Accepted in January. Portal was updated. Chose to decline. GPA: 3.7 LSAT: 161

Ilovedogs
  • Applicant

Just curious if any admitted students received an offer off the waitlist 😊

• 1 month later...
legallyblonde1319
  • Applicant

Happy to be the first waitlist acceptance on this thread! Offer was dated June 23 and found in the comms tab of myservicehub. 

My stats alone are not impressive which just shows how holistic and well-rounded the admissions process is. 🙂

Stats:

cGPA: 3.6

B2: 4.0

LSAT: 141, 148 

Things that I think helped get me in:

• Alumni of TMU (creative school)
  • LORs from top professors in my program and faculty 
  • Worked part-time jobs all throughout undergrad
  • Student leader for numerous capstone research events
  • Included my mental health diagnosis on OLSAS that related to my lower grades in 1st year.
  • diversity; first gen student and spoke about my lived experiences in poverty and the child welfare system in my PS.

My advice: just try and put yourself out because you never know what could happen. 💗

• Like 1

SabaE
  • Applicant

Got accepted from the waitlist, 157, 3.3 on June 23.

just gave up my spot.

good luck to everyone.

Edited by SabaE

• Ryn locked this topic
  • Renerik unpinned this topic