If we haven't heard back yet, should we take it as a rejection?

Lawlawland

Lawlawland

I know that a waitlist hasn't been started yet, and quite a few people haven't received any response so I am just curious as to whether that means we're basically rejected or if they are slow with sending out responses. 

cgpa: 3.36, l2: 3.65, Lsat: 163

rjs
  • Law School Admit

It's pretty ridiculous it has taken this long for a decision, not really fair to applicants who paid money to at least have the potential option to consider. I have stats similar to yours but might just be forced to accept my offer from Windsor since it expires in a couple days and provisional acceptance is no longer a thing. I'd love to weigh my remaining options but I'm not even sure that's a luxury I have. I hope for yours and my sake we hear something very soon!

Edited by rjs

Lawlawland
10 minutes ago, rjs said:

It's pretty ridiculous it has taken this long for a decision, not really fair to applicants who paid money to at least have the potential option to consider. I have stats similar to yours but might just be forced to accept my offer from Windsor since it expires in a couple days and provisional acceptance is no longer a thing. I'd love to weigh my remaining options but I'm not even sure that's a luxury I have. I hope for yours and my sake we hear something very soon!

Completely agree, this is ridiculous. Unfortunately, I have no other offers, I've only been waitlisted at western, and I don't think they've started accepting off their waitlist. So I'm getting restless waiting because I still don't know what I'll be doing only 2 months from now... I am looking at other options but I do not want to commit to anything unless I know for sure. 😔

King of Queens
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, rjs said:

I would probably take the Windsor acceptance. I'm not sure how indicative of waitlists or anything this is, but Queens has already started doing some pseudo orientation events over zoom. I assume that means the class is pretty much full and their not expecting much movement, with the exception of people who have accepted but are holding out for somewhere else.

Edited by King of Queens

Lawdreamer860
  • Applicant
25 minutes ago, King of Queens said:

I would probably take the Windsor acceptance. I'm not sure how indicative of waitlists or anything this is, but Queens has already started doing some pseudo orientation events over zoom. I assume that means the class is pretty much full and their not expecting much movement, with the exception of people who have accepted but are holding out for somewhere else.

If this is true it would be very sad, don’t they have to release a waitlist? If we were all rejected they would just have to email us and let us know no? Sorry, just really confused and anxious. I always assumed they had to start orientation events around this time, but admissions could still continue. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Lawdreamer860

Totally_Bucked
  • Law School Admit

I'm in the same boat, still "Pending" at Queen's. I'm assuming it's pending rejection, but as far as I'm tracking there hasn't been anyone put on a waitlist. If there's no waitlist, theoretically we're still alive, even this late in the game. 

Lawdreamer860
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, Totally_Bucked said:

I'm in the same boat, still "Pending" at Queen's. I'm assuming it's pending rejection, but as far as I'm tracking there hasn't been anyone put on a waitlist. If there's no waitlist, theoretically we're still alive, even this late in the game. 

Yes, this is also what I assumed. If there hasn’t been any mass rejections then technically you would be right. Sigh, so confusing, this is crazy.

• Like 1

rjs
  • Law School Admit
25 minutes ago, King of Queens said:

Thanks for that info, it's a bummer I may not know for certain but provides some closure nonetheless.

BlackcurrantBanana
  • Applicant

The Queens law website states that acceptances roll in from January to August and that a waitlist will be established in July after all the seats in the class are filled. Take that for what it’s worth. 

edit: an “s”. 

Edited by BlackcurrantBanana

King of Queens
  • Law Student
15 minutes ago, Lawdreamer860 said:

If this is true it would be very sad, don’t they have to release a waitlist? If we were all rejected they would just have to email us and let us know no? Sorry, just really confused and anxious. I always assumed they had to start orientation events around this time, but admissions could still continue. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, I agree with you. Its strange to me that they haven't even created a waitlist, at least then you would know where you stand. Good luck to all of you still waiting! Hopefully you hear something up until August, but I personally wouldn't give up an acceptance somewhere else to wait and hope. Unless there are really personal reasons for Queens.

I assume that when they say acceptances roll from Jan to Aug they mean that they may pull from the waitlist to fill people who drop off last minute, not that there are necessarily unfilled spots.

Lawdreamer860
  • Applicant
9 minutes ago, BlackcurrantBanana said:

The Queens law website states that acceptance roll in from January to August and that a waitlist will be established in July after all the seats in the class are filled. Take that for what it’s worth. 

Thank you for this! I sincerely hope this is correct. I wonder if that means they have a combination of acceptances and the waitlist left. Mind you, this could all be speculation.

6 minutes ago, King of Queens said:

Yeah, I agree with you. Its strange to me that they haven't even created a waitlist, at least then you would know where you stand. Good luck to all of you still waiting! Hopefully you hear something up until August, but I personally wouldn't give up an acceptance somewhere else to wait and hope. Unless there are really personal reasons for Queens.

I assume that when they say acceptances roll from Jan to Aug they mean that they may pull from the waitlist to fill people who drop off last minute, not that there are necessarily unfilled spots.

Yes sigh, you and me both. I hope so too, thank you!

Totally_Bucked
  • Law School Admit

Ok so this is strange timing but I literally just got an email from Queen's. Basically it is an invitation to join the wait list, but it makes it clear that the odds are pretty low. So there's something of an answer. Keep your eyes on your emails. 

rjs
  • Law School Admit
6 minutes ago, Totally_Bucked said:

Ok so this is strange timing but I literally just got an email from Queen's. Basically it is an invitation to join the wait list, but it makes it clear that the odds are pretty low. So there's something of an answer. Keep your eyes on your emails. 

Wow that is crazy timing! Just got the same email

Edited by rjs

King of Queens
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, Totally_Bucked said:

Well, that's something at least!

rjs
  • Law School Admit
12 minutes ago, Totally_Bucked said:

Does yours say dear Dear  << Test First Name >> also?😆

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Totally_Bucked
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, rjs said:

Does yours say dear Dear  << Test First Name >> also?😆

It's the personal touch that really makes me excited about the process.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Lawdreamer860
  • Applicant

Did anyone NOT hear anything today?? Like no waitlist no rejection nothing?

PacificOcean
5 minutes ago, Lawdreamer860 said:

Did anyone NOT hear anything today?? Like no waitlist no rejection nothing?

a waitlist for Queens started today it seems