Does anyone have any experience with the letter of permission (LOP) process and credit transfers?

sunnysunshine

sunnysunshine
  • Law Student

Hi there! I'm looking to connect with someone who may have experience with the LOP process, particularly at uOttawa. If you happened to have applied on a Letter of permission basis at a different University, connecting could be helpful too. I am essentially wondering if it's possible to receive confirmation from the school you are applying to, as to what credits are transferrable (considering I've heard this can be a bit of a headache). Ideally, I'd like to confirm that I can complete all my credits in my 3L year at the University I'm applying to, before submitting my application and paying to do so. Although, I am unsure if this is even possible. Any advice or insight is welcome!

Thanks ahead.

Eatable Bran
  • Law Student

I have experience with LOP you can dm me. This sounds like its a conversation you need to have with your registrar at your current school as to whether or not they will accept uOttawa equivalent courses. Also, be aware that many schools will not allow LOP students to take courses that are considered mandatory for their own students. This is something you need to determine about uOttawa based on what courses you have remaining before applying.

Sorry, just realized I'm a little confused as to whether you're applying to uOttawa for an LOP, or if that's your home school. Regardless, talk to your home school about equivalencies, and determine if the LOP school will block you from taking any courses required by your home school to graduate. 

• Like 1