Using ChatGPT to write legal memo or perform other legal tasks?

Zarathustra

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

Billionaire Elon Musk says he will launch his own artificial intelligence (AI) platform as an alternative to those being built by Microsoft, Google, and OpenAI.

lol

This will be terrible.

Edited by CleanHands

Rashabon
  • Lawyer

As with almost all Musk products, it will be shittier than basically anyone else trying to do the same thing and an attempt to divert away from better options or solutions. Guy is legitimately evil. His goal of killing public transit by hoodwinking municipalities into his hyperloop grift like the monorail guy from the Simpsons is legitimately evil.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
17 minutes ago, Rashabon said:

As with almost all Musk products, it will be shittier than basically anyone else trying to do the same thing and an attempt to divert away from better options or solutions. Guy is legitimately evil. His goal of killing public transit by hoodwinking municipalities into his hyperloop grift like the monorail guy from the Simpsons is legitimately evil.

I would wager that his AI goes full neo-Nazi in short order, if it ever even actually launches.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
epeeist
  • Lawyer
On 4/17/2023 at 8:27 PM, PzabbytheLawyer said:

I guess we won't have a JudgeGPT anytime soon.

Ian Holloway, Calgary law dean:

"...Indeed, I’ve even had a judge tell me that he already uses AI to help him write judgments!"

https://www.slaw.ca/2023/04/27/lets-chat-about-chatgpt/

Different point, a Denton's webinar recently one of the panelists made some good points about AI and IP risks. For instance, if AI scrapes the Internet to produce output, if someone alleges their work has been copied (that they made available on the Internet but not for copying, or illegitimate copy was on the Internet), how do you defend? And also with the non-factual asserted "facts", have been multiple discussions about potential liability in defamation if publish AI output (of the publisher or AI creator).

• 4 weeks later...
CleanHands
  • Lawyer

Did you guys see that a US professor failed half his class because when he ran their papers by ChatGPT it claimed that it had written them, when it actually hadn't? lol

I can't believe the morons who still think this is great and reliable technology (in its current form) with things like this coming out every single day.

Edited by CleanHands

Patient0L
  • Law Student

• 2 weeks later...