Any hope of getting in with a 3.57 L2 & 168 LSAT?

Ethereum Maxi

Ethereum Maxi
  • Applicant

My CGPA is 3.55 - unfortunately my L2 is only at 3.57 as I underperformed in my first semester of 3rd year. I also attended an institution outside of Ontario for my undergrad, & I noticed that when my grades were converted to the OLSAS scale from a percentage from a percentage based scale to OLSAS’ 4.0 scale, my GPA looked a bit worse / was suppressed, which doesn’t help. 

I did apply Access however, citing a mental health condition that was properly documented & have been dealing with since the beginning of undergrad. I was hoping that a 168 LSAT could somewhat compensate for the weak L2 GPA, but based on my observation it seems a majority of candidates accepted have an L2 that is respectably stronger than their CGPA, assuming their CGPA wasn’t strong already. 

in my 4th year, I did achieve a GPA of 3.86, however.

as of now, I am retaking the LSAT to try to achieve an even great score, hopefully at least in the mid 170’s. 

thank you in advance for your opinions during this stressful time

Edited by Ethereum Maxi

Ethereum Maxi
  • Applicant
55 minutes ago, Seansei said:

Fwiw, I was accepted before Christmas with a 3.55 / 164. Rooting for you. Best of luck!

Congrats, was your 3.55 gpa your L2 / L20 courses? If so then it does make me feel better. 

3 hours ago, luckycharm said:

Did you apply elsewhere?

I did, but my CGPA is really no different from my L2 so doesn’t help. I do have a B2 of 3.82 & B3 of 3.75 which are useful for Queens & UofT though. But there was a year (my last year) where I only took 3 courses per semester (since I no longer needed electives) so while it is still considered full time studies, it’s not a full course load so I’m not sure how that’s going to factor in their decision making 

leafs1967
  • Law Student

Adding on for what it's worth, I was admitted in December with a 3.6 B2/L2 and a 166 LSAT. Hoping you get that offer!

Ethereum Maxi
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, leafs1967 said:

Adding on for what it's worth, I was admitted in December with a 3.6 B2/L2 and a 166 LSAT. Hoping you get that offer!

Congrats! I’m curious though, does your L2 gpa reflect you having taken a full course load (5 courses per semester) in your last 2 semesters? I did not so they’ll be taking my last 20 courses instead, apparently. That’s how I calculated the 3.57

leafs1967
  • Law Student
21 hours ago, Ethereum Maxi said:

Congrats! I’m curious though, does your L2 gpa reflect you having taken a full course load (5 courses per semester) in your last 2 semesters? I did not so they’ll be taking my last 20 courses instead, apparently. That’s how I calculated the 3.57

Yup, I took 5 courses in each of my last 2 semesters.