Jump to content

Waitlist 2023


glugluglu
ZineZ
Message added by ZineZ,

If possible, please indicate whether you have been waitlisted for the single program, the dual program or both.

 

Recommended Posts

glugluglu
  • Applicant

A lot earlier than I expected... waitlisted today. It said the class was full. I don't see any previous waitlists being THIS early, can someone explain? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • glugluglu changed the title to Waitlisted this early?
LMP
  • Articling Student

I know people who were waitlisted in January before. It isn't as uncommon as you think. Windsor's waitlist typically has a fair deal of movement so I wouldn't stress it too much. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ParalegalTOLawyer
  • Applicant

I was just waitlisted tonight as well. I’m curious if being waitlisted this early is good, bad or irrelevant? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ZineZ changed the title to Waitlist 2023
  • ZineZ pinned this topic
harveyspecterwho
  • Law School Admit

Waitlisted last night via email. This is my first response from a school so I'm just glad its not a rejection! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ParalegalTOLawyer
  • Applicant
34 minutes ago, Sundin13 said:

Would be beneficial to know stats just to gauge if you folks don’t mind 🙂 

158 LSAT, CGPA 3.2, B2 3.4. Licensed paralegal, notary public. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
YNWA17
  • Applicant

Waitlisted 3 days ago (dual)

LSAT 154

GPA 3.3

L2 3.7

First response from a school as well. Best of luck to all of us!

Edited by YNWA17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
legallynatalie
  • Undergrad
On 2/3/2023 at 6:05 PM, YNWA17 said:

Waitlisted 3 days ago (dual)

LSAT 154

GPA 3.3

L2 3.7

First response from a school as well. Best of luck to all of us!

When did you get the acknowledgement email from both Windsor and Dual, that your application is complete?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Xxyz
  • Law Student

Waitlisted for the dual this morning, still referred for single. Was waitlisted for both last year, so I’m a bit pessimistic at this point. 
167 LSAT & high 2 gpa. Mature applicant. Very strong references, and interesting ECs but clearly not strong enough to get admitted…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

backtomac
  • Applicant
18 minutes ago, Xxyz said:

Waitlisted for the dual this morning, still referred for single. Was waitlisted for both last year, so I’m a bit pessimistic at this point. 
167 LSAT & high 2 gpa. Mature applicant. Very strong references, and interesting ECs but clearly not strong enough to get admitted…

hey its not over til its over!! did u get an email saying you were WLed or did you just happen to check the portal and see?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

backtomac
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, kkm1 said:

waitlisted this morning. I wish they provide a number so you know your position.

best of luck!! did you get an email or just happen to check the portal? also, stats if youre comfortable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kkm1
  • Applicant
13 minutes ago, backtomac said:

best of luck!! did you get an email or just happen to check the portal? also, stats if youre comfortable?

I checked portal! 

 

did you get the email? How long did it take you to receive an email? Do they not give out waitlist number?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kkm1
  • Applicant
On 1/9/2023 at 9:43 PM, LMP said:

I know people who were waitlisted in January before. It isn't as uncommon as you think. Windsor's waitlist typically has a fair deal of movement so I wouldn't stress it too much. 

Really? When do you know how the waitlist is moving? Who got off and who's still on? Its hard to tell without the position number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LMP
  • Articling Student
1 hour ago, kkm1 said:

Really? When do you know how the waitlist is moving? Who got off and who's still on? Its hard to tell without the position number.

So, right now you've got people with Windsor offers, who aren't going to Windsor. But they haven't said that and Windsor doesn't know it. 

We have to wait for the OLSAS deadlines to start compelling people to accept offers elsewhere. When that start happening en masse we suddenly have movement. So if you want to know when it'll occur, go check out the OLSAS deadlines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kkm1
  • Applicant
23 hours ago, LMP said:

So, right now you've got people with Windsor offers, who aren't going to Windsor. But they haven't said that and Windsor doesn't know it. 

We have to wait for the OLSAS deadlines to start compelling people to accept offers elsewhere. When that start happening en masse we suddenly have movement. So if you want to know when it'll occur, go check out the OLSAS deadlines.

Oh Wow so I guess we have to wait till April to see some movements.

Edited by kkm1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

donotgogentle
  • Law Student

Today my status changed from referred to adcomm to still to be considered. Have I been waitlisted? No email yet.

Edit: Figured it out - my super sleuthing tells me it changed because I provisionally accepted somewhere else.  

Edited by donotgogentle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hiotherswholikelaw
  • Applicant

waitlisted for Canadian program a few days ago 

3.51 olsas cgpa 3.73 l2/b2

157 lsat 

average ECs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kkm1
  • Applicant
On 3/1/2023 at 11:22 AM, hiotherswholikelaw said:

waitlisted for Canadian program a few days ago 

3.51 olsas cgpa 3.73 l2/b2

157 lsat 

average ECs 

SINGLE OR JD?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SlippinJimmy
  • Applicant

Is there a difference between being "referred to admissions" and being waitlisted? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ParalegalTOLawyer
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, SlippinJimmy said:

Is there a difference between being "referred to admissions" and being waitlisted? 

Yes, it will say waitlisted. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.