Anyone Accepted in the 150s?

Canlawforumuser123

Canlawforumuser123
  • Applicant

Hi everyone! 

Was curious to know from folks who got accepted in the low/high 150s:-

1) what was your score

2) which school you got accepted to?

3) how was generally your rest of the profile with it? (GPA, personal statement, work experience, leadership, volunteering)

will be great for any feedback!

Edited by Canlawforumuser123

Canlawforumuser123
  • Applicant

Hi everyone!

just wanted to add that feel free to private message your feedback! Just received a couple of messages, happy to get different thoughts!

• 2 weeks later...
LilSeedling
  • Applicant

I had a 157 and was accepted to uOttawa, Dal, UNB, Windsor - I would say the rest of my application was strong, but that is just going off of what I think!!

• Like 1

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student
On 1/10/2023 at 1:38 PM, Canlawforumuser123 said:

Hi everyone! 

Was curious to know from folks who got accepted in the low/high 150s:-

1) what was your score

2) which school you got accepted to?

3) how was generally your rest of the profile with it? (GPA, personal statement, work experience, leadership, volunteering)

will be great for any feedback!

Score: 156

Accepted: UVIC (Discretionary)

Profile: I know I didn't get in because of my LSAT or GPA. GPA is absolutely horrendous due to how UVIC calculates it. But at a holistic assessment I have an upwards trend. It is pretty obvious that I got in because of my work experience, personal life experience, volunteering, etc. I am an older student so I have had longer to build up my resume. 

I had just gotten sick when I wrote the LSAT (it was the worst of it), but I hadn't recovered enough to start law school, so I didn't accept. I got a little bit better and did re-write because I wanted to go to UBC for personal reasons. They seem to have a 160 cut-off for discretionary. Got higher than that, and ended up at UBC. 

Your personal statement will matter the most. Here are some links from UVIC to watch: 

My personal statement was definitely not typical. I am not miss congeniality. I cannot make myself fit into some mould of what would be a typical statement, and my personality came through the paper. I know they were referring to my application in one of the webinars. 

If you are applying discretionary (which you might be with that LSAT score), make sure to highlight how you, your experience, etc. would add to the law school. What do you bring that is unique that will add to the conversations, student body, etc. You also need to highlight how whatever your challenges are that have led to less than stellar performance have been resolved or will be resolved. I was able to show this through an upward trend, but I will also need to become a part-time student if my health ever becomes what it was when I applied (or withdraw completely). They are okay with people needing to be part time. Particularly if you have health challenges. 

In December exams, I was above average for some, below average for some, but not at the bottom. I hope I am showing to the school that discretionary candidates can be successful law students and their prior grades and LSATs are not indicative of law school performance. 

And if you want to bump up your LSAT, I recommend watching these videos on logical reasoning. I watched the free sessions and something clicked: https://lsatwizard.com/category/free-stuff/ 

• Like 3

Patient0L
  • Law Student

I know two people who got into UBC in the mid 150s. They had really high GPAs, tho. I believe one of them posted in the 2022 accepted thread… which would be a good place to find this info.

Good luck!

legallynatalie
  • Undergrad

Hi, is there a chance for someone to get accepted with LSAT 150 and cGPA 3.5, with great letters and ECs, into Dual JD @UWindsor?

alawstudent-hopefully
  • Undergrad
On 1/25/2023 at 4:18 PM, LilSeedling said:

I had a 157 and was accepted to uOttawa, Dal, UNB, Windsor - I would say the rest of my application was strong, but that is just going off of what I think!!

Hey ! Was wondering if you would be comfortable to PM me, I would love to learn what you did, how you curated your PS, and what your grades were like??

• 2 weeks later...
PackerLaw
  • Law School Admit

LSAT 159 - accepted to Western this cycle. I'll also note that I was accepted to Windsor 2 cycles ago with a 155 but declined. 

cGPA: 3.6; Master's GPA: 3.9

Lots of ECs and work on political campaigns and volunteering on riding associations. Held pretty prominent student government positions and was an executive member of multiple clubs. Feel free to PM.