Applying to law program + masters program at same university

Megjackson

Megjackson
  • Law Student

I have a pending LS application at a university, but I'm also interested in applying to one of their masters degree programs if I don't get accepted to their law program. Get the masters then apply to law school again if I don't get in this cycle is what I'm considering. If I send in my application to their masters program as well would that hurt my chances of getting accepted into their law program? I don't want them to think I'm not serious about the law program, because being a lawyer is the goal. But I don't want to miss the deadline to apply for the masters program if that's the path I end up taking. 

GoatDuck
  • Law Student

Without knowing the specific university policies, it's impossible to tell for sure, but it's really unlikely that you application for the Masters program has any effect on your law school application.