Works on my phone but not my computer. Anyone else?

Xxyz

Xxyz
  • Law Student

When I try to use the site on my laptop, it says checking to see if you’re a bot (or something similar) and never gets past there. Doesn’t matter what browser I use, incognito, etc. but the site works fine on my phone. Has anyone else experienced this?

5 hours ago, Xxyz said:

When I try to use the site on my laptop, it says checking to see if you’re a bot (or something similar) and never gets past there. Doesn’t matter what browser I use, incognito, etc. but the site works fine on my phone. Has anyone else experienced this?

That might be a problem with you computer's configuration. The challenge should succeed if you have javascript working properly. Maybe see if you misconfigured any adblock or anti-tracking plugin? I'm not sure how those would affect the challenge.

Xxyz
  • Law Student
34 minutes ago, Ryn said:

That might be a problem with you computer's configuration. The challenge should succeed if you have javascript working properly. Maybe see if you misconfigured any adblock or anti-tracking plugin? I'm not sure how those would affect the challenge.

Interesting. I am currently experiencing problems with my computer maxing out its disk capacity for no apparent reason, so I wonder if it is simply not running javascript properly. Hopefully when I finally sort my computer out this will be fixed as well. Thanks!

• Like 1

Kibitzer
  • Lawyer

I’ve been having problems with the website for a while. For some reason it doesn’t work if I use chrome on my laptop but works if I use any other browser. 

• 3 weeks later...
Xxyz
  • Law Student

Update: I updated chrome & did a few other housekeeping tasks on both the browser and computer. Happy to report that CanLawForum is now working! 
Unfortunately I did bad science and didn’t check in to see if the forum was working in between all of these steps, so I can’t identify what exactly fixed the issue. What I can say is that it was either a cookie, a browser, or a VPN related issue. Haven’t solved my disk problems yet, so at least we can rule that out! 
Hope this helps anyone experiencing this issue in the future, & apologies for the vast number of variables…

• Like 2