Collegial vs Malicious Nature of students or faculty

starbuxlawyer

starbuxlawyer
  • Law School Admit

I'm not sure if this topic has already been addressed, but I'm wondering what schools are genuinely more collegial rather than sabotage/ high school-y in nature. I've heard a lot of great things about Queens, TRU and UBC; but I've also heard a lot about the malicious nature of students at UofT. If you can speak to the school you attend(ed) that would be helpful! 🙂

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

LOL, what?

The UBC student body has been pretty notoriously shitty in recent years, with numerous negative high profile incidents that even got broader media attention. I say this as a UBC grad who mostly liked and got along with my peers.

• Like 4

starbuxlawyer
  • Law School Admit

Oh wow 😕 I work with lawyers that graduated from those schools so what I know is solely based off their experiences (and most of them are recent graduates). 

Turtles
  • Law Student

At least from what I've seen at Osgoode, collegiality is a function of age: the more mature a particular student or cohort, the more collegial. The incidents I've seen or heard of that involved students being shitty to one-another have almost always involved the younger (KJD) folk. But maybe I'm biased.

• Like 1