Issues while articling

lawandbeyond

lawandbeyond
  • Articling Student

Just wondering if anyone knows what my options are my principal made me sign articling contract for a 10 month term (last day to submit it) even though we agreed to 8 months. Now the principal is saying that they never said that. 

JustHereNotStaying
  • Law Student

Can’t give legal advice on what to do with your situation. But as a general rule for the future always have everything written out (should’ve had the contract updated to reflect your situation). 

lawyers are people and some people are bad (logically some lawyers are bad). Especially when it comes to articling the power dynamics are tilted in favour of the employer. Many will take advantage of verbal agreements!! Don’t fall into the misperception that all lawyers are honourable and are amazing human beings. They are people and people can be good or bad. 

Edited by JustHereNotStaying
  • Like 1

• Hegdis locked this topic