Clerkship Interviews 2024-2025

whoknowsnoti

July
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, g040497 said:

can anyone verify that ONCA called today? 🤔

I received a call this morning. I heard from friends that they did as well. 

notnotadog
  • Lawyer
Just now, 23512351 said:

Last year the emails came out around 7pm, if I am remembering right.

just after 4pm for me

yellow123
  • Law Student
22 minutes ago, notnotadog said:

What time? And by email?

Email. Early afternoon. Not many interviews were offered this year by the looks of it. I've touched base with some people who I was certain would get an interview, to no avail. It's odd.

• Like 1

notnotadog
  • Lawyer
1 minute ago, yellow123 said:

Email. Early afternoon. Not many interviews were offered this year by the looks of it. I've touched base with some people who I was certain would get an interview, to no avail. It's odd.

That is odd - I know applicants in the double digits and I don’t know of a single one.

LSTrailers
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, yellow123 said:

You yourself received an interview offer today?

• Articling Student

Curious how many of us have interviewed before? I find it really surprising that everyone I know, including myself, who have had interviews and now have an appellate clerkship under their belts too were not invited to interview again?

Edited by 23512351

notnotadog
  • Lawyer

I’m sussed

3 minutes ago, 23512351 said:

Curious how many of us have interviewed before? I find it really surprising that everyone I know, including myself, who have had interviews and now have an appellate clerkship under their belts too were not invited to interview again?

Interviewed last year. Nothing. I’m hearing all applicants currently clerking at one of the big appellant courts haven’t heard either. Not a single person at UofT either.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

• Articling Student

This is giving me hope! (Hope to get hurt again lol)

Edited by 23512351
  • Like 3

yellow123
  • Law Student
46 minutes ago, Jacketpotato said:

Lies. No one listen to this person. Keep up 

Edited by yellow123
  • Like 1

LegallyGGinger
  • Lawyer
13 hours ago, yellow123 said:

Edited by mod to remove hidden information

What? My professors hardly know my name. You're saying this prof knows applicants from a bunch of schools?

Look, if I didn't make it I didn't make it. That's chill. It happens. This just sounds weird. No attack on you.

LSTrailers
  • Law Student
13 hours ago, yellow123 said:

Edited by mod to remove hidden information

She was probably thinking of ONCA - those interviews came out early afternoon by email today. 

yellow123
  • Law Student
15 minutes ago, LSTrailers said:

She was probably thinking of ONCA - those interviews came out early afternoon by email 

Edited by yellow123

notnotadog
  • Lawyer

I don’t think anyone had an issue with information sharing. There was just no context to the post and others had information that seemed to suggest the professor was mistaken. Maybe the poster is right, that’s fine - but I think it’s normal of us to question it when it seems highly unlikely and the information isn’t directly from a candidate who got an interview. A lot of people are watching this forum for information so it’s natural that we question it.

Edited by Hegdis
See below
  • Like 2

Hey all - good luck to everyone waiting. 

I have removed a post and edited another quoting that post containing screenshots of of an exchange that was later edited. The edit window exists so people can rethink their posts; it’s not fair play to get into a game of “gotcha” afterwards. 

It’s a high stress time. Remember to be excellent to each other. 

• Like 4

bad.court.thingy
  • Law Student

I spoke to one of the professors sitting on the SCC clerkship committee of a [law school in Western Canada], and they have not heard of a single invitation being received. Seems highly unlikely that not a single applicant from this school would receive an interview.

Combine that with the fact that it is Sunday and no one has posted about receiving an SCC interview, and it seems extremely unlikely that offers went out Friday afternoon.

So keep those fingers crossed! Sending you all good vibes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

At the risk of starting a flame war and being bullied off the forum, I have been told by a very reliable source that certain FCA judges have started interviewing candidates. 

• LOL 5

50 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

At the risk of starting a flame war and being bullied off the forum, I have been told by a very reliable source that certain FCA judges have started interviewing candidates. 

This makes a lot of sense, considering that calls for the FCA went out last week, as opposed to calls for the CSC that are still pending. 😂

• Like 1

capitalttruth
  • Law Student
19 minutes ago, Pioupiou said:

This makes a lot of sense, considering that calls for the FCA went out last week, as opposed to calls for the CSC that are still pending. 😂

Calls for the FCA went out last week? If I didn't get a call last week, can I consider myself out of the running?