• Law Student

Heard from FCA 🙂

Edited by avocato
(accidentally quoted)
  • Like 6

Régis Lateur
  • Law Student
33 minutes ago, Régis Lateur said:

Has anyone received a call from the FC yet?

Just got a call from the FC!

• Like 7

capitalttruth
  • Law Student

Anyone hear from Justice Elliott's office yet at the FC? Also - I was told that calls will be going out until the end of the day by the FC co-ordinator.

Edited by capitalttruth
  • Like 3

PlainsGal
  • Law Student
12 minutes ago, Régis Lateur said:

Just got a call from the FC!

How senior is your judge, approximately?

• Like 1

Régis Lateur
  • Law Student
34 minutes ago, quérulente said:

How senior is your judge, approximately?

Pretty senior. He was appointed in 2015.

• Like 2

UnreasonablyDoubtful
  • Law Student
23 minutes ago, BlushAndTheBar said:

😕

No need to be discouraged quite yet. As mentioned by @capitalttruth, FC calls will be going out until the end of the day.

• Like 1

lsadLSAT
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, lawstudent7291 said:

Anyone hear from FCA or TCC yet?

Wondering if you or anyone else has heard from the TCC yet? Are they done calling?

lawfullyblonde
  • Law Student

Just heard from FC about ~30 mins ago.

Any chance ONCA is still calling or is it expected to be over?

anonymous beaver

I think ONCA gives its offers all before the superior court offers. and the superior court offers went out. So I assume ONCA is done. 

lawfullyblonde
  • Law Student
21 minutes ago, hobbit said:

How high are they in terms of seniority? 

Appointed in 2012 for me.

increasinglyhopeless
  • Law Student

So, they've finished calling at this point for the FC right? I dunno that I can take the lingering but increasingly desperate hope I'm clinging to...

• Like 2

FCA Clerkship
  • Lawyer

Neither the FC nor the FCA have completed their respective processes at this point. It's quite likely that they will continue into Monday and possibly even beyond. Best of luck to everyone.

• Like 5
  • Hugs 4

Bertabarrister
  • Law Student

Has anyone heard from FC justices Gleeson, Roy, Regimbald or Diner ? 

KeepTrying
  • Law Student

I created an account just to make this comment! I just wanted to say: I was REALLY hoping for a call today and didn't get one. Sincere congrats to those who did--and big huge bear hugs to those who didn't. The endless applications of law school can be so dispiriting. Cheering for all of us 💗

• Like 8
  • Hugs 7

Régis Lateur
  • Law Student
34 minutes ago, FCA Clerkship said:

Neither the FC nor the FCA have completed their respective processes at this point. It's quite likely that they will continue into Monday and possibly even beyond. Best of luck to everyone.

In the email with my offer it was mentioned that I had until Monday 4:00 PM to accept. So maybe around that time there will be more calls because some candidates might end up declining their offer!  

Edited by Régis Lateur
  • Like 4

capitalttruth
  • Law Student

Can't say I'm surprised, my chances weren't all that great only getting an interview from one judge, but sucks still. I guess I will have to article first and then try applying for clerking again. Not what I wanted to do, but it is what it is. 

Edited by capitalttruth

atg95
  • Lawyer
5 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

Can't say I'm surprised, my chances weren't all that great only getting an interview from one judge, but sucks still. I guess I will have to article first and then try applying for clerking again. Not what I wanted to do, but it is what it is. 

It is still a fine route if you end up getting a clerkship in the end. Don't give up and apply to more places next time.

I know someone who received a position at the FC today. So a good news day for me, reminded me of the clerkship process and how happy I was to get that call after several times trying.

Edited by atg95