Waitlisted 2023

Teejah

Teejah
  • Law School Admit

Mixed feelings about kicking this off.

L20: 3.99 / cGPA: 2.68 / LSAT: 168

2 degrees with distinction. I'm a mature applicant with 10+ years of corporate management and other work experience. Strong ECs include national-level non-profit directorships and much else. I know it's my cumulative GPA that landed me on the waitlist. Calgary is where I live and is my first choice. I have a home and family to consider when it comes to any choice to move. So here is hoping I get off that waitlist soon!

Edited by Teejah
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

starbuxlawyer
  • Law School Admit

wait listed as well 😞. Kinda surprised given my stats and work experience 

3.75/3.95 (4.33 scale) 

lawapplicanthopeful
  • Law School Admit

Wait listed for the second time. Last year I got almost the exact same letter in mid March and I was on the waitlist until first week of September. I increased my L20 GPA from 3.53 to 3.68 for this year.

LSAT 166.

9 years of work experience in Canada, almost two years of which has been as a registered professional. 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

Teejah
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, lawapplicanthopeful said:

Wait listed for the second time. Last year I got almost the exact same letter in mid March and I was on the waitlist until first week of September. I increased my L20 GPA from 3.53 to 3.68 for this year.

LSAT 166.

9 years of work experience in Canada, almost two years of which has been as a registered professional. 

That's terrible! Your application is stronger now, you have shown dedication and it looks like the 2023 recruit will have lower average stats than in 2022. This is your year!

• Like 2

washedballer
  • Law Student
7 minutes ago, Skhan said:

Do you normally get an email notifying you if you are put into waitlist?

Email to check portal, letter in portal

• Like 1

2023_hopeful
  • Applicant

Can anyone confirm the wording of being placed on the waitlist? I received an email to check the portal and it says “Your application is still being considered”. Does that mean waitlist or that they haven’t decided yet? 

Teejah
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, 2023_hopeful said:

Can anyone confirm the wording of being placed on the waitlist? I received an email to check the portal and it says “Your application is still being considered”. Does that mean waitlist or that they haven’t decided yet? 

This is the wording they use if you're placed on a waitlist.

• Like 1

2023_hopeful
  • Applicant

Thank you @Teejah! I think I saw you were accepted to TRU today as well. I was also. Looks like we might be classmates at either school depending on what happens! 

Sounds like I was waitlisted today based off the wording of the update on my profile:

Stats: L20 GPA: 3.79, LSAT: 161, about 10 years of work experience (worked full time during undergrad), and have been working as a legal assistant for the last 6 months. 

Edited by 2023_hopeful
  • Like 2

• Ryn pinned this topic
Rara22
  • Applicant

Waitlisted, yesterday (February 7th). Got an email informing that there has been an update to my application on the portal.

Stats: L20 GPA: 3.7, LSAT: 166 Jan 2023, Out of Province Applicant.

Phenomenological Dweller
  • Law Student

Waitlisted. 

LSAT: 161 

GPA: L20 - 3.98; CGPA - 3.54

Several years of full-time work experience in a related field. Still in 4th year of undergrad. 

Best of luck to everyone! 🙂

workingmanslawyer
  • Applicant

Waitlisted today. U of Calgary is last on my list so not too broken up. 

cGPA 3.8ish, lSAT 166.

Hoping that all of you get in if this is your first choice!

• 2 weeks later...
stampedelaw
  • Applicant

Just got email today telling me that the portal is updated and I immediately know it won't be good news since no one posts acceptance yet. Very disappointed since U of C is my first choice. For me this equals rejection because very few people can get off the waitlist for U of C.

My stats: LSAT 167, GPA 3.7 (WES evaluation), mature student with working experience for over 10 years (in academia and big law), several scholarships and publications. 

mcjesus35
  • Law School Admit

Waitlisted today.

Cgpa - 3.7

Lsat - 162

Got accepted to U of A and will likely accept as I’m from Edmonton.