Ottawa 2L Recruit 2023

capitalttruth

capitalttruth
  • Law Student

Post your ITC's/PFO's here for anyone participating in the Ottawa 2L recruit.

I'll start:

ITC- Conway Baxter Wilson LLP
PFO - Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall

Anyone hear from Conlin Bedard yet?

Edited by capitalttruth

capitalttruth
  • Law Student
7 minutes ago, RobsonTurtle said:

ITC - Gowling, Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall

PFO - BLG

Oh wow! I was hoping for an ITC from Gowling - they are one of my top choices. I guess I am out with them! Damn. 

Gowling sent you the ITC yesterday?

Edited by capitalttruth

RobsonTurtle
  • Law Student
13 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

Oh wow! I was hoping for an ITC from Gowling - they are one of my top choices. I guess I am out with them! Damn. 

I received emails from both on Jan 24 actually, and BLG rejected me yesterday

LegallyOttawa
  • Law Student
11 minutes ago, RobsonTurtle said:

I received emails from both on Jan 24 actually, and BLG rejected me yesterday

Which school do you go to? I thought OCI responses were given later on

RobsonTurtle
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, LegallyOttawa said:

Which school do you go to? I thought OCI responses were given later on

I'm not an Ontario student, so I guess the timeline is a bit different

LegallyOttawa
  • Law Student
45 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

Don’t uOttawa students hear back on the 30th?

capitalttruth
  • Law Student
13 minutes ago, LegallyOttawa said:

Don’t uOttawa students hear back on the 30th?

OCI offers are released then, yes, but all employers can reach out to students to schedule in-firm interviews starting on the 25th. 

• Thanks 1

MiceInRice
  • Articling Student
23 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

OCI offers are released then, yes, but all employers can reach out to students to schedule in-firm interviews starting on the 25th. 

I wouldn't worry about not hearing anything from firms who are participating in your school's OCIs. I don't know anyone who received ITCs from any of them last year. We all found out when the OCI schedule was released by the careers office. 

Edited by MiceInRice
  • Like 2

sunnysunshine
  • Law Student

So far for the 2L OCI summer recruit

ITC - Soloway Wright LLP & Caza Saikaley

PFO - BLG

Does anyone know precisely when firms will be informing students of ITC? If so, what is the deadline? Not a UofO student, hence not having this information from the careers office.

Edited by sunnysunshine
typo

newbie99
  • Law Student
13 minutes ago, sunnysunshine said:

So far for the 2L OCI summer recruit

ITC - Soloway Wright LLP & Caza Saikaley

PFO - BLG

Does anyone know precisely when firms will be informing students of ITC? If so, what is the deadline? Not a UofO student, hence not having this information from the careers office.

You should be getting that information from your cdo since they'll be setting up your OCI schedule.

sunnysunshine
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, newbie99 said:

You should be getting that information from your cdo since they'll be setting up your OCI schedule.

cdo, meaning career development office? I actually believe that for out of province students, the firms set up interview invitations, not our CDO. I appreciate your input though, I will look into it.

Diskbaby997
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, sunnysunshine said:

cdo, meaning career development office? I actually believe that for out of province students, the firms set up interview invitations, not our CDO. I appreciate your input though, I will look into it.

Mmm... this is incorrect to a certain degree - OOP students do not ALL directly receive firm invites. For instance, McGill, Calgary, Dal, host Ottawa OCIs and they are OOP. Maybe your school just doesn't HOST Ottawa OCIs, if that's the case, than you'll have to wait till some firms are done conducting OCIs at all participating law schools since they would only be able to offer you in-firms.

newbie99
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, sunnysunshine said:

Yes, CDO means career development office. 

1 minute ago, Diskbaby997 said:

Mmm... this is incorrect to a certain degree - OOP students do not ALL directly receive firm invites. For instance, McGill, Calgary, Dal, host Ottawa OCIs and they are OOP. Maybe your school just doesn't HOST Ottawa OCIs, if that's the case, than you'll have to wait till some firms are done conducting OCIs at all participating law schools since they would only be able to offer you in-firms.

Spot on.

capitalttruth
  • Law Student

Does anyone know where we can find the list of interviewers for OCI's on Wednesday? I'm on The Source but I can't find a list of interviewers, despite getting my schedule.