Just realized my OLSAS GPA is low

berrycardinal42

berrycardinal42
  • Applicant

Hey everyone, 

I put in my applications for Windsor and Ottawa confidently knowing my GPA is 3.76. However, my OLSAS GPA is apparently 2.89. This is because I attended University for one year at another institution before going back and starting over. This year came with significant challenges obviously which I have documentation for all of that. But I can't help but think they are not going to even look at my application because it looks so low if you don't actually look at my transcript. I made the Dean's Honour Roll each year since. 

Please let me know what you think. Should I give up? 

Edited by berrycardinal42

berrycardinal42
  • Applicant
10 minutes ago, Debtful said:

Sub 3 is not great, but you could always put an addendum. Whats your LSAT score?

158. I have documentation that explains that one specific year and filled out any extra PS questions as well 

scooter
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, berrycardinal42 said:

Should I give up? 

No, obviously you shouldn't give up if you don't want to. However this is definitely something that needs to be addressed explicitly in your application. I do wonder how you just realized this if you also applied last year? Admissions will look at everyones transcript when reviewing applications. That said, you need to explain what happened in your personal statement etc.

Did you apply to schools that look at Best 2/Last 2 years?

Also how many times have you written the LSAT? If you can raise it by even 2-3 points it would meaningfully improve your chances.

Naj
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, berrycardinal42 said:

Please let me know what you think. Should I give up? 

Your application has already been submitted, there's no reason to be so dramatic as its not doing you any favors.

I believe admissions generally look at every application they receive, so you need not to be worried about them overlooking some factor in your application that has deceivingly skewed your GPA to seem lower than it actually is if you've provided sufficient documentation and explanation for that issue side-by-side. If they look at your application (which they should) there's no reason to think they will be blind to what is apparent. In other words, you can relax.

Edited by Naj