chances? cgpa 3.5 b2/l2 3.7 lsat 166 (jan2023)

kimseokjinjjang

kimseokjinjjang
  • Applicant

applied to UBC, UofA, UofC, Osgoode, Queen's, Ottawa (general for all, but wrote optional/diversity statements)

graduated 2022, been working full-time since then

gpa is according to OLSAS, UBC gpa is 3.65 or 80%

took the lsat 4 times (155, 158, 161, 166)

softs are nothing too crazy - part time/internship work during undergrad, some volunteering and student groups/clubs

for some context i applied last year with a slightly lower gpa and 161 lsat

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

I think you're good for Ottawa, Western, Queen's, UofA and UofC. Osgoode could go either way and will likely depend on softs and PS. Not sure what your UBC index is but it's definitely a possibility, but less so than the other schools

kimseokjinjjang
  • Applicant
53 minutes ago, lawsch said:

Did you get in anywhere last cycle?

i got waitlisted at uofc, queen's, and uofa

18 minutes ago, Chef Justice said:

I think you're good for Ottawa, Western, Queen's, UofA and UofC. Osgoode could go either way and will likely depend on softs and PS. Not sure what your UBC index is but it's definitely a possibility, but less so than the other schools

i'm not sure how to calculate the index but i used their gpa conversion excel sheet and found my gpa was 80% with drops

Following because I have near-identical stats (3.52 OLSAS, L2/B2 3.82; UBC cGPA being 3.7/84%) and a Jan 2023 LSAT score of 166. Applied to almost the same schools (general w/ optional essay), with maybe slightly better softs.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
6ixlaw2021
  • Lawyer

100% in at UofC, Queens and Ottawa. Idk if UofA still takes the average of all LSATS, but if they don't your stats are pretty good for their average.