Weldon Welcome Days 2023

MaebyFünke

MaebyFünke
  • Law School Admit

Just got the email about the Weldon Welcome Days - and seems like it will be an exciting weekend. Especially as someone who is having a difficult time deciding where to attend. 

In the email they mention a $650 subsidy for out of province students to attend. Has anyone utilized this offer in the past? I know it says more information will be forthcoming, but I'm hoping to get a few more details as that will be the difference for me between attending in-person or virtually. 

Looking forward to meeting some of you in March (be that virtually or in-person)! 

Kibitzer
  • Lawyer

Dal Alumni here. 

Go to Weldon Welcome Days.

I went and had an amazing time. It convinced me to go to Dal and I met a lot of people that became my friends. It also meant that even before classes started, some of us who met at Weldon Welcome Days met up in Halifax after we had all arrived in the fall. In my day Weldon Welcome days was interesting lectures during the Thursday (and maybe some tours). At night we were broken up into smaller groups and a group of upper year students hosted us for dinner (Dal gives the students a budget for food and drinks), and then out to DOMUS. Friday was a few more activities on campus followed by something fun around the city. In my year it was doing a tour of the Alexander Keith's Brewery (paid for by Dal). I can't imagine the virtual experience comes anywhere close. 

Re the subsidy, we were given a cheque when we arrived. They calculate the amount based on how far you are but they should have already done that before sending you the letter. 

Some people stayed a few extra nights because why not. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
abelleli
  • Law School Admit
On 2/2/2023 at 2:24 PM, MaebyFünke said:

In the email they mention a $650 subsidy for out of province students to attend. Has anyone utilized this offer in the past? I know it says more information will be forthcoming, but I'm hoping to get a few more details as that will be the difference for me between attending in-person or virtually. 

I got the email today but only $400 was offered. I am also an out-of-province student 🤔

Edit: nvm. just saw that amount reimbursed is based on location. 

Edited by abelleli
  • Like 1

MRVan
  • Applicant

Has anyone heard anything more about this besides the initial email? They haven't followed up about logistics with me at all but I would want to attend if others are going

MaebyFünke
  • Law School Admit
On 2/26/2023 at 7:15 PM, MRVan said:

Has anyone heard anything more about this besides the initial email? They haven't followed up about logistics with me at all but I would want to attend if others are going

I received an email on February 17th with more details about the travel subsidy that I was offered based on my province of residency. There is also a facebook group and website (detailed in the initial email) that have been updated with a few more details. 

• 10 months later...
Thefirstdancer
  • Applicant

I'm interested if anyone has any knowledge how many events one has to attend to earn the travel subsidy? Is there a set of mandatory events?