Chance me? cGPA 3.4, L2: 3.55, LSAT: 157

IU13

IU13
  • Undergrad

So I understand I’m quite below the median for a lot of schools. Just wanted to get an idea though if I have any chance at all at any of the following:

- Windsor 

- Western 

- Queens

- Ryerson

Looking at school stats, I think I might have a chance at Windsor (yes? No? Maybe?). But I prefer ryerson or queens and need brutally honest opinions. Also, I know I can boost my LSAT so would it be better to reapply next cycle instead?

EDIT

I applied in the access category. Other factors that I added in my applications were volunteer experience (at the local mosque, working with children with ASD, part of a sorority) and other accomplishments such as publishing a few short stories. Could any of these aid in my application or should I work on getting stronger extracurriculars?

Edited by IU13

Access applications are hard to gauge because no one here can say how compelling your story is. It might sway some commitiees and not others.

Even so I don't think you're in a terrible situation. As you've said, these stats are certianly below average for Western and Queens, but not so much that you're out of the running. I wouldn't be shocked if you got in but I also wouldn't be shocked if you got rejected. That's kind of where you sit, in my opinion.

For Ryerson I actually think you might be in a good spot. You don't list your B20 (which is what they use to measure GPA) but it would probably be higher than your L2. Your LSAT is probably pretty close to their median as well. It also seems you've got a smattering of ECs. So I think it very possible you get accepted in the next few month. 

I have similar thoughts for Windsor, but they have a slightly more in depth application. Which means that while your stats won't hold you back much, what your wrote will be a big factor.

IU13
  • Undergrad
15 hours ago, LMP said:

Access applications are hard to gauge because no one here can say how compelling your story is. It might sway some commitiees and not others.

Even so I don't think you're in a terrible situation. As you've said, these stats are certianly below average for Western and Queens, but not so much that you're out of the running. I wouldn't be shocked if you got in but I also wouldn't be shocked if you got rejected. That's kind of where you sit, in my opinion.

For Ryerson I actually think you might be in a good spot. You don't list your B20 (which is what they use to measure GPA) but it would probably be higher than your L2. Your LSAT is probably pretty close to their median as well. It also seems you've got a smattering of ECs. So I think it very possible you get accepted in the next few month. 

I have similar thoughts for Windsor, but they have a slightly more in depth application. Which means that while your stats won't hold you back much, what your wrote will be a big factor.

Thank you! That’s really helpful! I’ve just been having so much anxiety sitting around and waiting like I’m sure a lot of us have 😂