Where is the admissions wave!

• 4 weeks later...
Bluesky
  • Applicant

No idea! I called today to ask about how many offers they’ve sent out and they had nothing helpful to say… I am reapplying and last year when I phoned they could give me a lot more information. From the few people in the Facebook group and lack of posts to this forum it doesn’t seem like many offers have been given out yet?

cola
  • Law Student
52 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

No idea! I called today to ask about how many offers they’ve sent out and they had nothing helpful to say… I am reapplying and last year when I phoned they could give me a lot more information. From the few people in the Facebook group and lack of posts to this forum it doesn’t seem like many offers have been given out yet?

That's strange, I know they answered that question for someone else not that long ago. Are you able to share what they did say?

totaldcky
  • Law School Admit

If my memory serves, someone said there would be another wave mid-March. So I'm betting next week we'll see some action again.

Jade
  • Applicant

soon. likely this week or next. from what I've heard is there is the main Indigenous admissions meeting later this week so we should hear back late this week or early next week for those in Indigenous category. perhaps regular category is having their meeting soon as well.

when i emailed last week regarding indigenous admissions, they replied back that they should have offers out by the end of this week for the indigenous category 

• Like 1

SpongeBob
  • Applicant

I'm wondering whether they'll send a rejection email to let me know that i'm not admitted or otherwise😪

urawizardharry13
  • Applicant

I just had a date change on my status and was assigned a student tracking number. Does anyone know what this means? Or if there is any significance?

bluestblue
  • Law School Admit
12 hours ago, urawizardharry13 said:

I just had a date change on my status and was assigned a student tracking number. Does anyone know what this means? Or if there is any significance?

Same here!  Not knowing what it means makes me nervous again...

urawizardharry13
  • Applicant
5 hours ago, bluestblue said:

Same here!  Not knowing what it means makes me nervous again...

Looking at previous years, it seems like some people got admissions offers shortly after. Still nothing on my end but I am cautiously, cautiously optimistic. 

bestofluck
  • Applicant
18 hours ago, urawizardharry13 said:

Did you complete your undergrad at UBC? I’ve had that number since I applied, but it is merely my UBC student number. 

bluestblue
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, urawizardharry13 said:

Looking at previous years, it seems like some people got admissions offers shortly after. Still nothing on my end but I am cautiously, cautiously optimistic. 

I see... Thanks for sharing.  Hope we can hear back sooooon.

1 hour ago, bestofluck said:

Did you complete your undergrad at UBC? I’ve had that number since I applied, but it is merely my UBC student number. 

Me not UBC graduate.  Just got the school tracking number on March 8.

urawizardharry13
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, bestofluck said:

Nope I did not. I've done some digging on this forum and it seems to be a trend that people hear something back after this happens. If there's some activity though, I would assume it would be across the board. I'll keep you guys updated if I do hear anything. 

totaldcky
  • Law School Admit
19 hours ago, urawizardharry13 said:

I would think this means you just got a UBC student number, which (as you said) historically means you're about to be accepted. I have no authority to speak on the matter but I'm hoping for you!

Jade
  • Applicant

i got the school tracking number too and status date was changed to yesterday's date. i don't know if the school tracking number was always there LOL but i am a current ubc student. 

oh and the school tracking number is just my current ubc student number fyi

urawizardharry13
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, totaldcky said:

I would think this means you just got a UBC student number, which (as you said) historically means you're about to be accepted. I have no authority to speak on the matter but I'm hoping for you!

Thank you so, so much! Fingers are crossed

Megjackson
  • Law Student

I also just got the school tracking number and my status date was changed to yesterday. 

Hoping this is a good sign 

urawizardharry13
  • Applicant

Promised I would update, got the offer this morning! So, so happy- I think this bodes very well for everyone here too. 

• Like 3

bluestblue
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, urawizardharry13 said:

Promised I would update, got the offer this morning! So, so happy- I think this bodes very well for everyone here too. 

Congrats!!! I am in too!

Edited by bluestblue
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
workingmanslawyer
  • Applicant

Spoke to an admissions official in person yesterday. He said the deadline for the first wave of applicants to accept is April 1st, so we will see a lot of movement next month for sure.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...