Osgoode Job Portal

ramoj

Incoming 1L at Osgoode here.

Does anyone know if Osgoode and U of T/McGill/UBC job portals are similar in the nature of opportunity? Ie. I see a lot of random 2L in house gigs on Indeed/LinkedIn, but somone told me there are job portals for dedicated law opportunities not advertised broadly in public.

Can someone from Osgoode weigh in on its job portal for 1L/2L apps? I am talking about in-house opportunities, not the LawVI portal you use to apply to big law firms.

Thank you

Obi-wan
  • Articling Student

I can't speak to the similarity b/w Osgoode's portal and other law schools, however, Osgoode does have a career portal and it is pretty comprehensive for 1L/2L/articling gigs. Several of my friends were hired in their 1L summer for opportunities posted on the career portal. I also was connected to a lawyer who needed legal research assistance through the portal which I worked at part-time in 2L. I would say that there are more sole-practitioner / small firm / research assistant postings as opposed to traditional in-house roles. But there are still a few in-house positions that pop up.

• 1 month later...
6ixlaw2021
  • Lawyer

I can't confirm about other schools, but yes Osgoode has a job/career portal that sometimes posts jobs that aren't always advertised publically.