Which is the best prep course?

V_110

V_110
  • Applicant

Hello,

I am currently in my third year of undergrad and I am aiming to write the LSAT this summer (most likely sometime in August. I plan to dedicate May - August studying for the test full time. I never took the LSAT before or have done any outside prep yet so I am most likely going to use a prep course as my main tool for studying.

From looking around reddit and other threads I found that the prep courses most recommended are: HarvardReady, LSAT Wizard, LSAT Demon, and 7Sage. I was wondering if any of you guys have previously utilized one of these prep courses, and if you did could you please let me know your thoughts and opinions about them.

Thank you!

multigraincheerio
  • Law School Admit

I liked 7Sage, and would recommend it. Definitely would recommend their foolproof method for LG, though you don’t always have to do a game 10 times, just until you’ve got it inside and out. Would also highly recommend “The Loophole” book for LR after using 7Sage curriculum. And, blind review every time you drill!

• Thanks 1

JessicaSampson
  • Applicant

I used Kahn Academy to get the basics down, then I used Mike Kim's book "The LSAT Trainer" to help solidify what I learned. Lastly, I did all the Lawhub practice tests, and paid the premium to get the extra tests. I primarily used it for the Logic Games, but it was useful for getting practice using their interface, as this is what is actually used for the test administration. Youtube videos can also be extremely helpful. One thing a lot of people don't know is that LSAC permits you to use Control Find during the RC section, Unfortunately, I didn't know this until after, but had i known in advanced, this would have saved me a huge amount of time and I probably would have increased my score by at least a couple points. Hope this helps! Best of luck on your law school journey! 

• Like 1

NobleP
  • Law School Admit

I suggest 7sage for LG as it has great explanation videos and the fool proofing method it advocates is a great way to boost your mark. For RC and LR I highly recommend LSAT Lab. I was introduced too LSAT lab pretty late but it helped me improve greatly on LR and RC over 1 month. 

• 2 weeks later...