Which building does the majority of law classes take place in?

ltmaverick25

ltmaverick25
  • Law Student

Just as the title says, which building are all the classes held, and is there student parking nearby? What about food options?

Thanks

pleaseletmein
  • Law School Admit

I’m not currently in the Law School, but I go to the U of A for undergrad right now, and there’s an entire Law building. There’s a huge parking lot immediately beside it (all of the “top” faculties have parking lots beside them like engineering, med, pharm and law). The building is also connected to our Hub Mall through pedways so you don’t have to go outside to get to all the food shops. It’s like a 2 min walk. Hope this helps!

GoWestYoungMan
  • Articling Student

All in-person classes I've had are in the law centre.

Don't sleep on the Telus Centre parking. It's just to the south, underground and heated. I think there's a different pedway connection that can get you from Law Centre to Telus. You can get a monthly pass if you're quick/lucky!

Above poster is absolutely right about easy, indoor access to Hub. But if you're willing to brave the cold, you're pretty close to a bunch of stuff on 109th as well (High Level Diner, Sugarbowl, Rosso, a Remedy Cafe with lots of seating, etc.) Most importantly, there's Hello My Friend Cafe (coffee/tea/baked goods) right in the Law Centre, run by Steve who is the nicest person most of us have ever met.

If you've got other questions about law school at the UofA, feel free to message me!

Renerik
  • Law Student

Hub mall has been a little lacking this year. There are a bunch of closed off stores. 

For HUB food, you've got: Edo (Japanese), Savoy (Indian), Thai express, Subway, A&W, cookies by george, a pretzel place, Remedy Cafe, Teapsy, a Chinese place that sells buffet-style Canadianized food, an express sushi shop that's closed half the time, a sweets store, and a small convenience store

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

HUB Mall has been notorious for persistent pest infestations for decades. Best to avoid eating anything from there.

• Like 1

Whist
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, kollykibbler said:

I want to know who approved a FOURTH Remedy at UofA.

I don't know, but it seems like they recently changed the supplier for their everything bagels and now they're not good anymore. I'm salty about it. 

Related to the original topic, there are pedways from HUB -> Law Centre, Law Centre -> Fine Arts, Fine Arts -> Timms Centre. I think there's one from Timms -> Telus but I've never gone that way. Aside from the lots already mentioned, there's also parking behind St Stephen's College. 

If you don't want HUB food, I'll echo that there's lots on 109th and down 112th. Sugarbowl is excellent. Hello My Friend right in the Law Centre is great, especially with the new lounge, but the food is small items like muffins to go with coffee. 

• Like 1