Long time lurker, looking for honest input

AussieAussie

AussieAussie
  • Applicant

Cgpa: Olsas 3.50

L2 (20): 3.83

Lsat 160

Deans list, worked a full time job during my first year of undergrad. worked 2 jobs consistently throughout my final 3 years, volunteered on a native reserve every week for nearly 2 years before i moved back to school. Was diagnosed with bell’s palsy in my final year, but didn’t provide medical documentation as my family doctor just prescribed medication, therefore applied general for all. LoR include a prof in a class that i got an A+ in, plus a letter from my currently employer. Discussed how coming from a low income family i had to work nearly 50 hours a week in my final year of undergrad in order to pay bills and tuition (yep, 50 hours every week).

Super stressed out, applied to all ontario schools except U of T and Osgoode, applied to Dal, U of C, U of A, UNB, and UofM.

QMT20
  • Lawyer
8 minutes ago, AussieAussie said:

Lsat 160

Deans list, worked a full time job during my first year of undergrad. worked 2 jobs consistently throughout my final 3 years, volunteered on a native reserve every week for nearly 2 years before i moved back to school. Was diagnosed with bell’s palsy in my final year, but didn’t provide medical documentation as my family doctor just prescribed medication, therefore applied general for all. LoR include a prof in a class that i got an A+ in, plus a letter from my currently employer. Discussed how coming from a low income family i had to work nearly 50 hours a week in my final year of undergrad in order to pay bills and tuition (yep, 50 hours every week).

Super stressed out, applied to all ontario schools except U of T and Osgoode, applied to Dal, U of C, U of A, UNB, and UofM.

Probably in at Queen's and Western in one of the later rounds (late April or so). My sense is you'd have a good chance at Dal, Calgary, and Alberta as well but I don't know their admissions that well. 

Edited by QMT20
Based mainly on stats

Chewy
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, AussieAussie said:

Lsat 160

Based on stats:

Good Chance: UofM, Bora, TMU.

50/50: UofA, UofC, Queen's, Western, Ottawa, Dal, UNB (only because of small class size).

I think for many of these schools, your PS is going to have to shine. You may have all of these things under your belt, but it comes down to how well you conveyed your story. Just try to be patient. It sucks waiting, but I do believe you'll get in somewhere.

AussieAussie
  • Applicant

I’m hoping to be accepted until Western as I have close family that lives there. based on last years accepted:rejected threads, it seems that some people get accepted and some get rejected, which is raising my concerns. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
AussieAussie
  • Applicant

yeah i’m still hoping of course, I find it weird, in my last 21 classes, i received 19 grades in the A range and only 2 B+, so im wondering if there’s an issue within my personal statement