Chances - TRU (Special Consideration)

legallyexhausted

legallyexhausted
  • Law School Admit

Hi all! I am currently still waiting for responses from schools. Ideally I would love to stay in BC.

My LSAT was a 158 (meh) and I have a TRU Assigned Grade of A- (also meh). I got a rejection from UVic yesterday (honestly expected as my LSAT and GPA are not necessarily stellar by any means and well below their median) so my hopes have been quite down as of late.

I have worked all throughout high school, undergrad, and post grad (3 years) due to personal and familial financial constraints, with experience working for Private Law and Government (Workers Compensation, the Crown, and for Human Rights). Have also been volunteering for a Non-Profit Cultural Municipal Organization weekly since High School.

My Application Status is currently "Complete ready for review" with Decision as "Pending Decision."

Everything was submitted by mid-January. Would love to hear what some people may think? As we approach mid-March I am getting more and more antsy by the day (as I see many are). This is my first cycle as due to personal financial and mental matters, I was unable to apply post grad as previously planned (thankfully, sort of, as I graduated post-sec during peak lockdown).

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Edited by legallyexhausted

GuiltyMind88
  • Applicant

Hey,

Overall i would say you have a pretty good shot at getting in. Your score and GPA are comparable with a good portion of the people who have posted in the accepted thread and that combined with your pretty relevant work experience and volunteering i would think you would be a desireable applicant for them. 

Really just my opinion and not a particularly informative response but i think you'll be fine. Hang in there and good luck!

LMP
  • Law Student

I think you have a good shot even without the special considerations! My guess is you'll hear something in the new few weeks. 

legallyexhausted
  • Law School Admit
6 hours ago, GuiltyMind88 said:

Hey,

Overall i would say you have a pretty good shot at getting in. Your score and GPA are comparable with a good portion of the people who have posted in the accepted thread and that combined with your pretty relevant work experience and volunteering i would think you would be a desireable applicant for them. 

Really just my opinion and not a particularly informative response but i think you'll be fine. Hang in there and good luck!

Hi, thanks so much for responding! Honestly I know that at the end of the day all I can do is wait, and chances don't necessarily mean much but I guess I did want some validation. 

I really appreciate your encouragement, it truly means a lot!

5 hours ago, LMP said:

I think you have a good shot even without the special considerations! My guess is you'll hear something in the new few weeks. 

Ahhhhh I sure hope so!! Thank you so much!

5 hours ago, washedballer said:

What was the reason for applying special consideration? 

Mainly had to do with financial and familial responsibility due to a sick parent, alongside some personal mental matters in uni that really affected my 2nd and 3rd years. I probably could have applied general but with having to work full time on nights and an extra part time on the weekends while attending full time school it was really difficult and took a toll on my grades for sure. 

utahjazz
  • Law Student

Hi @legallyexhausted!

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Just coming up with a number on the spot (I got in last year and followed the forums somewhat closely)... I'd say you have a 60% chance or better at TRU, but an offer might come later in the cycle. Best of luck! 😃

legallyexhausted
  • Law School Admit
On 3/12/2023 at 5:12 PM, utahjazz said:

Hi @legallyexhausted!

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Just coming up with a number on the spot (I got in last year and followed the forums somewhat closely)... I'd say you have a 60% chance or better at TRU, but an offer might come later in the cycle. Best of luck! 😃

Hi @utahjazz! Apologies for the tardy response, but I hope you are doing well also 🙂

Thank you for your reply, and congrats on you getting in last year! I hope law school is treating you well! I appreciate your response and have my fingers crossed that I hear back soon, 60% or more is better than a failing grade LOL so i'm going to just take that and run with it hoping the admissions gods let me in 😅