Special Consideration / Indigenous applications

Wiggsworld

Wiggsworld
  • Law School Admit

Hey everyone! 

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the timeline for these applications being reviewed and offers sent out?

Are the discretionary / special / Indigenous all decided at the same time? 

Thanks! 

Elizabethr
  • Applicant
5 hours ago, Wiggsworld said:

Hey everyone! 

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the timeline for these applications being reviewed and offers sent out?

Are the discretionary / special / Indigenous all decided at the same time? 

Thanks! 

Hey I applied discretionary and the admissions office confirmed that they do not typically start reviewing discretionary applicants till end of April/early May 🙂 

Wiggsworld
  • Law School Admit

Thanks for letting me know. 

I was hoping it would be March but I guess we will all keep waiting...and I guess I should stop checking the portal daily until at least middle of April lol 

Do you know if the discretionary and Indigenous applications are fighting for the same spots? 

• Like 1

Elizabethr
  • Applicant
54 minutes ago, Wiggsworld said:

Thanks for letting me know. 

I was hoping it would be March but I guess we will all keep waiting...and I guess I should stop checking the portal daily until at least middle of April lol 

Do you know if the discretionary and Indigenous applications are fighting for the same spots? 

I have no idea how they divvy up spots tbh 

• 2 weeks later...
Wiggsworld
  • Law School Admit

I got accepted on the 21st. Has anyone else in the discrestionary found out? 

• Like 2

Wraith
  • Law Student

I got an email from the adcom today. They said they wouldn't be considering discretionary applications [not including indigenous, I think] until late April/early May. Cheers until then.

Edited by jhohndnow

• 3 weeks later...
NorthernLaw63
  • Law School Admit
On 3/13/2023 at 9:15 PM, Elizabethr said:

I have no idea how they divvy up spots tbh 

I'm currently in Saskatoon attending USask and got to speak with Doreen (admissions) about this! There's no set amount of seats. It's determined based on the eligibility and competitiveness of the candidates. Some years they've had 7 discretionary seats, some years 19. There's no rhyme or reason to it, unfortunately. 

• 3 weeks later...
ellkay
  • Law Student

I have heard nothing, either. I am trying to call the admissions department to confirm when discretionary applicants should expect to hear back, but my phone calls aren't going through. 

sociologicaldisaster
  • Applicant

Looking at last year's forum people usually got replies around may 3 or 4. Suspense is killing me

ellkay
  • Law Student

Update: called admissions, said that admissions can be sent out any time from now until June, even discretionary. Admissions seemed very guarded to give out any further info, lol

• 5 months later...
RedHaring
  • Law School Admit
On 3/24/2023 at 7:07 PM, Wiggsworld said:

I got accepted on the 21st. Has anyone else in the discrestionary found out? 

Hey Wiggs congratulations on the acceptance. I'm an Indigenous student applying for Sept. 2024, hopefully having my application fully complete in late November (writing the Nov. LSAT). I'm wondering if you remember roughly when you applied? Just trying to gauge when I might hear back