ITCs/PFOs Toronto Articling Recruit

everythingbagel

everythingbagel
  • Lawyer

While I personally haven't heard from any firms, I've heard that some have began sending ITCs, so figured I'd start this thread. Post below if you've heard back from anywhere.

Also, if anyone who's been through the process has some insight on when most of them tend to come out/who does and does not send them (e.g. do a lot of firms wait until right before call day? are certain employers/types of employers known to not send ITCs?), it would be much appreciated! The loss of the old forum means I can no longer sift through the old threads and see what to expect. 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 4

LS1357
  • Articling Student

Which ones have you heard that have started sending out ITCs? But also silent on my end so far.

everythingbagel
  • Lawyer

I just heard back from OSSTF, and have heard that people have heard from Goldblatt. 

99problems
  • Lawyer
1 hour ago, everythingbagel said:

I just heard back from OSSTF, and have heard that people have heard from Goldblatt. 

Already!? I thought it will be on June 23.

everythingbagel
  • Lawyer
29 minutes ago, not not a lawyer said:

Already!? I thought it will be on June 23.

These are ITC emails, where they let you know that they’ll be calling to schedule an interview on Call Day (July 23rd)

99problems
  • Lawyer
18 minutes ago, everythingbagel said:

These are ITC emails, where they let you know that they’ll be calling to schedule an interview on Call Day (July 23rd)

Oh, I see the difference now.

Do we know a more specific timeframe? I mean something like BC, where they said the emails will be out today and yesterday.

lawschool333
  • Law Student
20 hours ago, not not a lawyer said:

Oh, I see the difference now.

Do we know a more specific timeframe? I mean something like BC, where they said the emails will be out today and yesterday.

I know BC has a timeframe of when firms can send out ITCs, but in Ontario there are no rules around ITC emails. Firms will send them out on their own time and some firms won't send them at all 

Eagleclaw001
  • Articling Student

Some firms on the portal have not even reviewed the applications. Is there anyone who is still waiting for their application to be reviewed?

everythingbagel
  • Lawyer
45 minutes ago, Eagleclaw001 said:

Some firms on the portal have not even reviewed the applications. Is there anyone who is still waiting for their application to be reviewed?

There are still a few firms who haven’t reviewed mine and my friends’ as well! As long as you haven’t heard about anyone hearing back from the firm yet, I don’t think there’s anything to worry about

• Like 1

lolas
  • NCA Candidate

a weird thing happened to me was I recalled all firms have reviewed my application when I checked last weekend (I only applied to a few firm), and when i check again today, one of the application became "not reviewed" again

• Like 1

Legallynotsoblonde
45 minutes ago, lolas said:

a weird thing happened to me was I recalled all firms have reviewed my application when I checked last weekend (I only applied to a few firm), and when i check again today, one of the application became "not reviewed" again

This also happened to me! Also, I've noticed that some of my applications from the 2L recruit are now popping up under the "Articling Student" section of my applications page. Seems like the website is glitching quite a bit. Here's hoping it won't be an issue! 

JustinCredible
  • Law Student
59 minutes ago, lolas said:

yep, happened to me and my friend

lawschool333
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, lolas said:

Me too! Now four of my applications say "not reviewed" - I'm not sure what this means 😬

99problems
  • Lawyer
3 hours ago, lolas said:

1 hour ago, lawschool333 said:

Me too! Now four of my applications say "not reviewed" - I'm not sure what this means 

I just checked viLaw portal, and I didn't notice a change in my applications (all of them are "reviewed"). I suggest you contact the portal's tech support. For that, you need to click on your name at the top right corner and choose "Email Technical Support" from the list.

In a more-related news to this specific thread, I haven't heard back from any firm or government organizations that I applied to.

Edited by not not a lawyer

lawschool333
  • Law Student
39 minutes ago, not not a lawyer said:

I just checked viLaw portal, and I didn't notice a change in my applications (all of them are "reviewed"). I suggest you contact the portal's tech support. For that, you need to click on your name at the top right corner and choose "Email Technical Support" from the list.

In a more-related news to this specific thread, I haven't heard back from any firm or government organizations that I applied to.

I'm not going to contact support, they obviously got my application. I'm just wondering if it's a glitch or if it means something 

99problems
  • Lawyer
15 hours ago, lawschool333 said:

I'm not going to contact support, they obviously got my application. I'm just wondering if it's a glitch or if it means something 

They for sure have your applications. I meant instead of wondering/worrying, I would contact support. An extra confirmation never hurts.

• Like 4

Forever Curious
  • Law Student

I sure wish the Ontario/Toronto firms would have a set time frame for ITCs like Vancouver. Would also be nice to know if a firm was going to send ITCs. The current process just sucks, to be blunt. 

• Like 1

99problems
  • Lawyer
1 hour ago, Forever Curious said:

I sure wish the Ontario/Toronto firms would have a set time frame for ITCs like Vancouver. Would also be nice to know if a firm was going to send ITCs. The current process just sucks, to be blunt. 

I feel you. I called one of firms today and spoke with their HR manager. She told me that they are going to review applications in batches and call those selected on Friday (so no ITC email). HOWEVER, the remaining batches will be reviewed in the next week. She said: "if we don't call you on Friday, we might still call you some time next week." This is how muddled the system is.

Edited by not not a lawyer
  • Like 3

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

It’s hilarious to me that law students manage to complain about not having a set date to receive an email letting them know that a firm will be calling them on a set date to schedule an interview for a set date. Y’all are going to hate real world job applications 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3