ITCs/PFOs Toronto Articling Recruit

everythingbagel

99problems
  • Lawyer
35 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

real world job applications 

Does the articling application look unreal to you?

• Like 3

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
6 minutes ago, not not a lawyer said:

I wouldn’t know—I never had to do it.

Edited by BlockedQuebecois
  • LOL 1

99problems
  • Lawyer
Just now, BlockedQuebecois said:

I wouldn’t know—I never had to do it. 

So you judge others in a stressing situation and find it hilarious while you haven't experienced that. That's in fact hilarious

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
Just now, not not a lawyer said:

So you judge others in a stressing situation and find it hilarious while you haven't experienced that. That's in fact hilarious

You’re right, I should’ve done worse in law school so I could’ve tried it out. My bad. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Nom! 1
  • Angry 3

99problems
  • Lawyer
Just now, BlockedQuebecois said:

You’re right, I should’ve done worse in law school so I could’ve tried it out. My bad. 

Weird flex but ok. 

SlytherinLLP
  • Lawyer
1 hour ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

It’s hilarious to me that law students manage to complain about not having a set date to receive an email letting them know that a firm will be calling them on a set date to schedule an interview for a set date. Y’all are going to hate real world job applications 

Ah yes because the 1L/2L recruit is exactly like real world job applications, and not at all a months long process subject to LSO regulation with multiple rounds of interviews, phone calls, scheduling etc. There was definitely no endless complaining from law students then.

How dare these dolts not capable of making the earlier cut commiserate about the articling recruit process? 

downton abbey part GIF

• Like 2

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
11 minutes ago, SlytherinLLP said:

[post missing the point omitted]

To be clear, this isn’t about the articling recruit. There’s no set date to receive ITCs from firms for any of the Toronto recruits. Students who complain about this aspect of the other recruits are also, to use your word, dolts. 

I’ve been laughing at law students who complain about the formal recruits on this and it’s predecessor forum for at least four years. I’ve never been sympathetic to stupid complaints like this, even when I was going through the process. 

The only reason my earlier success was brought up was in response to user suggesting only those who had done the articling recruit are allowed to comment. 

Edited by BlockedQuebecois
  • Like 1

99problems
  • Lawyer
10 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

in response to user suggesting only those who had done the articling recruit are allowed to comment. 

Your level of comprehension is alarmingly low for a lawyer. I never suggested you shouldn't comment. I said it's hilarious that you find others' concerns hilarious, especially so when you have not experienced that. I don't know where I implied that you shouldn't comment. But if the only comment you can make under this thread is that we are "dolts," then maybe I should've suggested that you take your hilarious comments somewhere else.

• Like 1

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
2 minutes ago, not not a lawyer said:

Your level of comprehension is alarmingly low for a lawyer. I never suggested you shouldn't comment. I said it's hilarious that you find others' concerns hilarious, especially so when you have not experienced that. I don't know where I implied that you shouldn't comment. But if the only comment you can make under this thread is that we are "dolts," then maybe I should've suggested that you take your hilarious comments somewhere else.

Unless you're deliberately being obtuse here, you're the one demonstrating a low level of comprehension.

• Like 1

everythingbagel
  • Lawyer

Hey y'all, can we keep this thread to just sharing news about ITCs/PFOs and logistics of this year's articling recruit? If you want to continue to debate this, it'd be great if you made a separate thread so those of us just wanting to keep up to date can do so without having to scroll through a bunch of tangential conversation!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Piccolo
  • Law Student

PFOs from Goodmans, Dentons, and Lerners

Edited by Piccolo
Wrong acronym

Rashabon
  • Lawyer
16 hours ago, not not a lawyer said:

Yes.

• Like 1

Forever Curious
  • Law Student
18 hours ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

It’s hilarious to me that law students manage to complain about not having a set date to receive an email letting them know that a firm will be calling them on a set date to schedule an interview for a set date. Y’all are going to hate real world job applications 

New forum but same shit attitude, damn. 

• Like 2

Forever Curious
  • Law Student
18 hours ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

Anyways, on the actual issue, the problem only comes up because some firms do send ITCs and because of the "recruit" process which is particular to law. I have applied to "real world" jobs and no I did not have anxieties over when an employer was going to email me an ITC etc but thats because there is no such expectation or context for that. 

• Like 2

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

I’d be offended, but insults from someone who so completely lost the plot are actually just entertaining. 

Anyways, y’all are welcome to continue complaining about this. I’ve said my piece, and in a few years you’ll all probably agree with me anyways. 

99problems
  • Lawyer
48 minutes ago, McDonalds said:

Himelfarb Proszanski ITC

were they participating? I don't recall seeing the firm's name anywhere 

JustinCredible
  • Law Student

Goodmans ITC

11 minutes ago, not not a lawyer said:

were they participating? I don't recall seeing the firm's name anywhere 

Yes, they were

• Like 2

Danny257
  • Law Student
19 hours ago, Piccolo said:

Did you receive the PFO from Goodmans from Michel? 

19 hours ago, Piccolo said:

Does this mean you received rejection emails from these firms? Sorry, I am not used to the acronyms.

Did anyone receive an ITC from Dentons?

99problems
  • Lawyer
3 minutes ago, elmelm said:

Does this mean you received rejection emails from these firms? Sorry, I am not used to the acronyms.

Did anyone receive an ITC from Dentons?

PFO means please fuck off.

I haven't gotten any emails from them, no PFOs no ITCs