How competitive is Residence?

2easy

Patient0L
  • Law Student
13 hours ago, 2easy said:

Will I get a spot if, I send in my resume application in November when I apply?

It’s a lottery system for regular housing—you just need to get it in by the deadline and there are 50 spots. Family housing does operate first come first serve so apply as early as you can.

2easy
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, Patient0L said:

It’s a lottery system for regular housing—you just need to get it in by the deadline and there are 50 spots. Family housing does operate first come first serve so apply as early as you can.

Ok, this kind of worries me. Like what if I don’t get housing and I’m in my 2nd/3rd year down the road. 

Patient0L
  • Law Student
On 3/20/2023 at 11:05 AM, 2easy said:

Ok, this kind of worries me. Like what if I don’t get housing and I’m in my 2nd/3rd year down the road. 

Are you going for regular or family housing? When I was on the list for family housing it was about a 9 month wait, which actually isn’t bad if you get on the list early.

chilly
  • Law Student
On 3/20/2023 at 11:05 AM, 2easy said:

If you're in your 2nd/3rd year, you'll know the area at that point and should be able to find non-UVic housing without too much difficulty.

• 5 months later...
Stugglesarereal
  • Law Student

I know I am late to this party but, If you are a law student, Residence considers you a Masters/PHD student and not an undergrad. They has specific rental units that are only allotted to such students and by experience, on avg they have about 3 to 4 units empty per semester. I got my first two years smoothly and then I was diagnosed with some health issues that hindred my ability to drive around or take public transportation for 3rd year. I attached my diagnosis and sent out an application for getting a room on campus which helped. I am not saying it always helps but It's worth trying!

• Like 1