Rejected McGill 2023

petitepawlaw

petitepawlaw
  • Law School Admit

I truly hate to be the one to start this, but received my rejection letter from McGill through email a few minutes ago! Disappointed but not heartbroken, as I have a seat at Western. 

Good luck to the rest of you! 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 9

• Ryn pinned this topic
On 3/21/2023 at 4:45 PM, petitepawlaw said:

I truly hate to be the one to start this, but received my rejection letter from McGill through email a few minutes ago! Disappointed but not heartbroken, as I have a seat at Western. 

Good luck to the rest of you! 

Sorry to hear about McGill.. Nevertheless, congratulations on your acceptance at Western!!! 🥳

If possible, would you mind sharing your profile and stats with us?

petitepawlaw
  • Law School Admit
On 3/22/2023 at 6:02 PM, SwanQueen said:

Sorry to hear about McGill.. Nevertheless, congratulations on your acceptance at Western!!! 🥳

If possible, would you mind sharing your profile and stats with us?

On 3/22/2023 at 1:07 AM, Letsgo said:

Can I ask what your stats and French situation is?

Of course! I was not entirely surprised, due to the low LSAT, but considering it was not a required portion of the application, I hoped they would overlook it 😞 

Rough LSAT at 151, but strong extracurriculars, 3.7 cgpa and an applicant in the discretionary category! I went to an all-french school in Nova Scotia from P-9, then did immersion french until graduation. I have my delf testing and a few university level french courses too!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Namaste
  • Applicant

Received my rejection letter yesterday. Pretty bummed. I studied French for two years during my undergrad, have a BA and a BEd. Been working in Nunavut for five years. Had solid references and a cGpa of 3.8…no LSAT. 10+ years of professional work experience and extensive volunteering/international work experience.

I will be reapplying. Might consider taking the LSAT.

• Sad 1

GreyDude
  • Law Student

Alas, I was rejected today. Fortunately, I am able to attend my second choice school.

• 30-year career teaching Cégep, including creating and teaching a required course in Philosophy of Law • 14 year involvement in the labour movement, including as president and vice-president of a union and as a contract negotiator • international development experience • Fully bilingual •BA and MA in philosophy (undergrad GPA 3.39; graduate GPA 3.8 I think • LSAT: 168 • waitlisted in the 2022 cycle (I did the LSAT to strengthen my application).

I'm very disappointed to miss out on McGill, but also excited to start at the Université de Montréal.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 9

PzabbytheLawyer
  • Lawyer
11 hours ago, GreyDude said:

Alas, I was rejected today. Fortunately, I am able to attend my second choice school.

• 30-year career teaching Cégep, including creating and teaching a required course in Philosophy of Law • 14 year involvement in the labour movement, including as president and vice-president of a union and as a contract negotiator • international development experience • Fully bilingual •BA and MA in philosophy (undergrad GPA 3.39; graduate GPA 3.8 I think • LSAT: 168 • waitlisted in the 2022 cycle (I did the LSAT to strengthen my application).

I'm very disappointed to miss out on McGill, but also excited to start at the Université de Montréal.

U de M is still a great school - congrats! I'm jelous you're getting to start it all over again.

In hindsight, those were the best years of my life (hopefully, just so far..)

• Like 1

GreyDude
  • Law Student
On 5/11/2023 at 8:59 AM, PzabbytheLawyer said:

In hindsight, those were the best years of my life (hopefully, just so far..)

They're to be cherished. As time goes on, 'best years' become rarer. But I think you'll have more, especially if you stay generous of spirit, open to new experiences and challenges, and welcoming to the people who come with them—all of which you seem to be.

That was not meant to be as patronizing as it might sound. I wish it for you many times over.

• Like 2

PzabbytheLawyer
  • Lawyer
Just now, GreyDude said:

They're to be cherished. As time goes on, 'best years' become rarer. But I think you'll have more, especially if you stay generous of spirit, open to new experiences and challenges, and welcoming to the people who come with them—all of which you seem to be.

That was not meant to be as patronizing as it might sound. I wish it for you many times over.

I've had a rough year. So I hope you're right 🙂

• Hugs 2

• 4 weeks later...
Sleep
  • Applicant

Rejected today!

3.73/4.0, no LSAT, volunteering & tutoring, and been working full time as a BA for the past 7 years while doing an undergrad full time as well. Strong french and decent english level. I would say a “good PS” but I feel everyone believes their PS are good so. 😅

Considering the background of many admits, it wasn’t really a surprise. 

Happy the wait is finally over and I’ll be heading to UdeM this august. 🥰

Edited by Sleep

15 hours ago, KIln22 said:

Rejected yesterday, June 12th. cGPA: 3.47 LSAT: 168

On 6/12/2023 at 6:01 PM, zemaODO said:

Rejected cGPA 3.7 and 164 LSAT

Sorry to hear about the decision. I hope that another opportunity exists for you both, or that you will not give up and re-apply! Would it be possible to give us more details about your profile? Thank you in advance. 

Edited by SwanQueen

On 6/12/2023 at 5:39 PM, Sleep said:

Rejected today!

3.73/4.0, no LSAT, volunteering & tutoring, and been working full time as a BA for the past 7 years while doing an undergrad full time as well. Strong french and decent english level. I would say a “good PS” but I feel everyone believes their PS are good so. 😅

Considering the background of many admits, it wasn’t really a surprise. 

Happy the wait is finally over and I’ll be heading to UdeM this august. 🥰

Thank you for sharing! Best of luck at UdM! Word on the street they are better than McGill for bar prep.

• Thanks 1

Rejected today. 3.86 cgpa, 169 average LSAT, weak to average softs. Happy to be heading to UBC in September 🙂

• Like 1

• Ryn locked this topic
  • Renerik unpinned this topic