Rejected 2023

Abarmot

Abarmot
  • Law School Admit

I guess I will start this thread off.

Rejected, letter is dated March 21, 2023.

LSAT: 163

GPA: 89%

Good luck to those still waiting!

backtomac
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, Abarmot said:

so sorry you have to start this off — your stats are stellar in my opinion. did you get an email or just check the portal?

Abarmot
  • Law School Admit

No worries at all, I am pretty much set on attending UAlberta, Ontario has become far too unaffordable IMO.

I received an email to check the portal at 5:20 yesterday.

11 minutes ago, backtomac said:

so sorry you have to start this off — your stats are stellar in my opinion. did you get an email or just check the portal?

Edited by Abarmot
Included quote in post
  • Like 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant

Rejected as well, March 21

mature applicant, 20 plus years work experience, worked full time through undergrad, 300 hours volunteering, student council and 4 committees 

Cgpa: 3.85

L2: 3.9

Lsat: 151 (the likely factor)

but TBH I don’t want to do a provincial move, even if I have to wait another year, I would have declined anyway. Going forward I will only be considering applying in my province. Good luck all!

Edited by Lawyerup36

LegallyStressed
  • Applicant

Rejected March 21st

cGPA (OLSAS): 3.8 (unsure of B2 but likely higher)

LSAT: 153

Applied General

rkdghtjd72
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Abarmot said:

Is that cumulative gpa of 89…??? How in the hell did you get rejected?

• Like 1

Abarmot
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, rkdghtjd72 said:

Is that cumulative gpa of 89…??? How in the hell did you get rejected?

Yes cgpa of 89%.

I did my undergrad at Humber College, I got a 4 year degree from the paralegal program, my personal conspiracy theory is that Ontario universities look down on a college undergrad.

I also applied last year to schools in Ontario and got rejected, albeit with a lower LSAT.

I did get accepted to Uottawa and Uwindsor, and I am still waiting to hear back from TMU, Lakehead and Queens.

rkdghtjd72
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, Abarmot said:

Yes cgpa of 89%.

I did my undergrad at Humber College, I got a 4 year degree from the paralegal program, my personal conspiracy theory is that Ontario universities look down on a college undergrad.

I also applied last year to schools in Ontario and got rejected, albeit with a lower LSAT.

I did get accepted to Uottawa and Uwindsor, and I am still waiting to hear back from TMU, Lakehead and Queens.

Did you do your education only at Humber? Western does say this on their website. 

“College courses are not included in your GPA calculation for the purpose of law school admission at Western. Further, Western Law currently does not accept college study as eligible pre-law study for admission.”

• 5 weeks later...
pleaseacceptme
  • Applicant

Rejected yesterday.  Applied regular.  Was expecting it but still a hard hit:

LSAT 151, CGPA 3.0 B2 3.7

lots of ECs, varsity athlete, consistent summer internships in non-profit sector and legal counsel.  Best of luck everyone, stay positive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Legalbeaver
  • Applicant
On 5/23/2023 at 5:07 PM, chickenwings said:

Still haven't heard anything back... should I assume this as a sign of rejection?

I reached out to the admissions office and they told me that decisions will be sent out within the next 4 weeks and that applications are still under review. 

• Like 1

• Renerik pinned and locked this topic
  • Renerik unpinned this topic