7sage or LSATDEMON?

2easy

2easy
  • Applicant

I can only afford one each month. I plan on writing the LSAT in June. Which one do you recommend? My diagnostic is 15low. 

Ideally I need help on all aspects of my LSAT. 

Chewy
  • Law School Admit

I used 7sage and really benefited from it. I like their LG and LR instruction and the practice methods utilized. For RC I mainly used Powerscore’s RC test podcast.

Listening to a couple of LSATdemon podcasts was enough to turn me away from them. 

Monophobia
  • Law Student

Most people use 7sage with no complaints. I tried it and found that I personally didn't mesh with their teaching style and I didn't like how there was no quick n' easy single-question drilling feature since I would study while I was at work. I enjoyed the Demon's more tough love, callous teaching style, and I found their methods more intuitive — especially for LR. I also really liked that their drilling feature requires no thinking: just click go and it'll select what questions to give you based on your strengths and weaknesses. 

Biggest downside: LSATDemon is quite pricey and the USD to CAD conversion can be killer. 

I'd say try the free version for each and see which one you like more. 

rcvry300996
  • Applicant

I personally used LSAT Demon and loved it. Their free package really offers a lot, the only downside is that after a certain point you get repeats of the same questions. I did the basic package for a few months and found it extremely useful! They also have free zoom sessions every so often and when joining those you can ask the creators of LSAT Demon direct questions, which is really nice.

They have this "the LSAT is easy" approach to the test which helps to rethink your mindset, and which calmed my nerves when going into the test for the first time – overall 10/10 would recommend.

Edited by rcvry300996

I found 7sage really great for LG, I improved a lot through their explanations. I wrote in February and choked pretty hard, I'm gone back and began fully foolproofing LG to hopefully address my weakness in that section. I found the feb LG to be quite tough, there was a double circle game that I had zero idea how to solve, so I'm focusing on mastering all of the level 4/5 games I can. 

I didn't find the 7sage LR terribly intuitive, I'm not a big fan of diagramming LR, and trying to learn that method sort of set me back in my studying. I'd recommend the Loophole by Ellen Cassidy, it's not a magic book or anything but it really helped elucidate LR for me. 

Best of luck!