Rejected 2023

JD Man
  • Applicant

Rejected.

GPA 3.4

LSAT 144

Yeah! You might laugh at me with this LSAT Score! But yeah I kinda had hope as it is a very big step for me!

However, not a big deal! I will get a better LSAT, with a better application, next year I will get a different answer from them! I am the man of second tries!

I need to be at that school! I have to!

🙂

• Like 2
  • Hugs 14

LegallyDani
  • Applicant
20 hours ago, JD Man said:

Rejected.

GPA 3.4

LSAT 144

Yeah! You might laugh at me with this LSAT Score! But yeah I kinda had hope as it is a very big step for me!

However, not a big deal! I will get a better LSAT, with a better application, next year I will get a different answer from them! I am the man of second tries!

🙂

Yessss!  Do not give up I’m in the same boat I need to go to TMU but my gpa is atrocious and my lsat 159.  YOU WILL GET IN AT TMU and you WILL be a lawyer! 

• Like 1

EquityAdvocate
  • Law School Admit
On 4/4/2023 at 11:10 PM, JD Man said:

Rejected.

GPA 3.4

LSAT 144

🙂

2023 TMU Admit here. I love your positive attitude. I got rejected last year and I got in this year. While GPA can be an important part of your application, my cGPA was trash (cGPA: 2.84, L2: 3.9). Keep working at it and improve your stats and make your personal statement even more compelling. Also, now that you have an idea of the format of the interview, you’re in a stronger position for when you re-apply later this year. 

You will get in!

• Like 1

starbuxlawyer
  • Law School Admit

Rejected yesterday LOL 

LSAT: 165 

gpa: A- 

Probably yield protection, I shouldn't have even applied 

• Nom! 1
  • Hugs 1

Lawyer_One_Day
  • Applicant

Rejected today at 6:37 pm. 

LSAT: 144

Mature/ Access student

Atlast the wait is over. It was becoming unbearable. Now I can move on with my life and get ready for next year. 

Good luck, everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

LegallyDani
  • Applicant

Welp, my 2023 law school admissions journey abruptly ended with my Rejection from TMU today - it’s the only place I applied ever, and for this cycle.  I applied access as a mature student/student with a disability - gpa 2.71 (from U of T, graduated in 2005, added an addendum to my application explaining the low gpa), LSAT 159.

I have good softs and letters of recommendation, multiple graduate degrees including a Paralegal degree (graduated 2022 with a 4.1 gpa) think I could have DEFINITELY done better on the resume, interview, and personal statements.

Plan of attack for next cycle is start to re study for the LSAT this May, and try to write it again by October at latest.  I’m hoping I can break into the 170s before I apply anywhere again. 

Best of luck everyone who’s still in the game - and if you didn’t get in, don’t be discouraged, tons of people got in to TMU this year who weren’t successful previous cycles.  We will be lawyers one day!

• Like 4
  • Hugs 2

Legally_Chase
  • Law School Admit
11 hours ago, LegallyDani said:

Welp, my 2023 law school admissions journey abruptly ended with my Rejection from TMU today - it’s the only place I applied ever, and for this cycle.  I applied access as a mature student/student with a disability - gpa 2.71 (from U of T, graduated in 2005, added an addendum to my application explaining the low gpa), LSAT 159.

I have good softs and letters of recommendation, multiple graduate degrees including a Paralegal degree (graduated 2022 with a 4.1 gpa) think I could have DEFINITELY done better on the resume, interview, and personal statements.

Plan of attack for next cycle is start to re study for the LSAT this May, and try to write it again by October at latest.  I’m hoping I can break into the 170s before I apply anywhere again. 

Best of luck everyone who’s still in the game - and if you didn’t get in, don’t be discouraged, tons of people got in to TMU this year who weren’t successful previous cycles.  We will be lawyers one day!

If you do not mind moving provinces to attend law school, I would recommend checking out Schulich Law at Dalhousie. You mentioned you have multiple graduate degrees and they consider your L2 including your grad courses. Kill the LSAT and I'm sure you'll be a class of 2027. 

Best of Luck!

• Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

LegallyDani
  • Applicant
13 hours ago, Legally_Chase said:

If you do not mind moving provinces to attend law school, I would recommend checking out Schulich Law at Dalhousie. You mentioned you have multiple graduate degrees and they consider your L2 including your grad courses. Kill the LSAT and I'm sure you'll be a class of 2027. 

Best of Luck!

Thank you for the tip that’s very insightful! I really appreciate it 🥹

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
legallybrunette12
  • Applicant
17 minutes ago, Nicky said:

Rejected 

LSAT 160

cGPA 3.2 

B20 3.75

One semester of law school experience in the states GPA 4.0

Mature student 

Extracurriculars and strong LORs

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/supreme-court-sets-new-limits-affirmative-action-programs/story?id=99230954

Hey, so sorry to hear this - you had good stats.

Were you on the waitlist? 

• Ryn pinned this topic
  • Ryn locked this topic
  • Renerik unpinned this topic