What LSAT score makes my application competitive?

incredible pear

incredible pear
  • Undergrad

Hi,

My cGPA is 3.37, and both my L2 and B2 are 3.78. I have a few CRs in 1st and 2nd year, and switched programs after 2nd year - not sure how much this matters. 

I don't have any club experience, but I've had 2 sales internships, one of which I did two 3 month terms with and the other I'm returning to this summer.

I'm planning to write the LSAT in August, and start studying for it on May 1st. In your opinion, what LSAT score should I aim for at the bare minimum, if I'm hoping to get into Western/Queen's/similar schools? If you were in my shoes, what score would you feel comfortable with?

I sincerely appreciate any replies!

Tbh I think it is too one dimensional to think you need X score to be a competitive applicant.

Got into Ottawa, Osgoode, Queens with a 156. If other parts of your application shine, a lower LSAT may be able to get the job done.

Do not stress/overthink this - write the test and have fun with it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Chewy
  • Law School Admit

Study as if you're aiming for a 180. 

You won't need a 180, but I feel that this "what score do I need?" mentality often leads to complacency which can hurt your performance. I have the same cGPA and L2 as you. The school I wanted to attend focused more on the cGPA, so I started at a disadvantage. I saw the median LSAT scores for the admitted students at each school and knew that I had to score high enough to eliminate any doubt about my chances. I studied like I wanted a 180 and firmly believe that if I didn't then I wouldn't have scored as well as I did.

• Like 3