Entrance Scholarships?

Aristophanes

Aristophanes
  • Law School Admit

I am wondering about entrance scholarships.  I've seen some people post here that they got some along with their acceptance.  I am wondering if I still stand a chance of getting one even though I did not receive one along with my acceptance.  If so, when might I hear about it?

multigraincheerio
  • Law School Admit

I personally applied for scholarships online through their system. I believe the application was due March 31st. Other than that, I am unsure, like yourself I am fairly new to this!

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant

The deadline was the 31st. They sent out a few reminders through email, and it explicitly said they were the only ones available through the program. However, there are third party scholarships through government that you could search for. But those are outside the university. As for entrance scholarships the ones awarded are awarded with an offer, if you didn’t receive one then you were not offered one. 

• Thanks 1

FlyingFish
  • Articling Student

My friend got offered an entrance scholarship worth 5k after she had already been accepted! I assume someone else declined!

Aristophanes
  • Law School Admit
10 hours ago, FlyingFish said:

My friend got offered an entrance scholarship worth 5k after she had already been accepted! I assume someone else declined!

Thanks! That gives me some hope.

FlyingFish
  • Articling Student

No problem. I think she had a 4.0L2 and 166 and 157 LSAT if that gives you any more hope (we studied and wrote together)! Keep in mind this was 3 years ago though!

• 1 month later...
Ribbons
  • Law Student

The vast majority of scholarships go out from the application you would have completed and are given out in July or later (I think). A handful of students get them with their offers, you can see a list of scholarship here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1LitGCfjEgDnao_PgjG0GhceSgqkXEPFQm3mdtWi1Iso/view. I received 10K in 1L and an additional 20K in 2L (4.0, average LSAT, a ton of community/leadership/volunteer stuff). Both times the notification came in July.